IGNORED

Riding is Healthy

Whip

Of course we did.  However, I clicked through to the paper from another post of this research, and found that the testing was conducted on two familiar roads, Angeles Crest Highway outside LA, and Mesa Grande outside San Diego.  Both of them fun, twisty, two-lane, rural roads.  I think they might have measured different brain activity in, say, freeway commute traffic.

I noticed the study was sponsored by Harley. So it's no wonder they picked some of the most fun routes to run the experiment. No doubt roads like these would boost the heart rate and adrenaline levels. I wonder what the difference would have been on standard roads or the interstate? I know I burn more calories and have elevated heart rate even while riding on more mundane roads. While on the road, I can consume more calories without weight gain than while at home. I know this because I monitor my intake and weight religiously. It's great to actually put some numbers on it.

I can't wait to ride on the morning of June 23rd! :yes: Unhappiness will not be on the menu, and if we can get that hike in, healthy will follow! :grin:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

Brain health and less stress.... sounds good but maybe H-D is not the best path.

Take two BMW's and call me in the morning.... we will see if we can remove that silly grin.

• Like 1