IGNORED

Quietest tyres

David_Charlton

David_Charlton

In your experience, what's the quietest tyres you've used on your RT? I've got Pilot Road on at the moment and find them a bit noisy.Z4's were good but not made anymore, thanks, David

Huh? ........... What did you say ?........... Sorry Couldn't Hear you, had my earplugs in........... Now What was the question ?

David:

Man, if you can hear your tires, you just need a loud pipe!

Seriously, I also use ME880 and have never heard them, especially through my earplugs!

Bob

clap.gif

The roads in Hawaii are not smooth as the ones in CA. They use volcanic rocks mixed in it. So they get very rough soon. I love the Z4's but they are a little loud here. I've been using the Dunlops Sportamax D205's and I do like them.

Clive Liddell

David,

I have found Michelin noisy after a few km when they become stepped. Since using Bridgestones (BT-54) I haven't thought about tyre noise... They also keep their profile better IMO and still feel OK towards the end of their (quite good) lives.

I wear earplugs. Not only do I not hear the tires, but the garbage can full of rocks that is a boxer engine is muted as well. I think the bike not only runs better, but is much smoother when I have the plugs in and some nice tunes going. wink.gif

My used '99 came with Z4s. I think they're great for the twisties but they have no traction at all if you hit some soft stuff. I make a volcano on the seat when I see wet road.

Bob

• 5 months later...

Well I just got a new set of road pilots on my 1100. The guy installed the rear on backwards and I had to take it back to be reversed.

Noise yes lots at certian speeds.

Not sure if all is tyre. Some say driveshaft is part of it. Noise at certain speeds change some, after the tyre warms up or something warms up.

All lube was clean but final drive dark but no metal.

Now where is the noise all tyre? thumbsup.gif

Jerry Johnston

I had Metzlers on which were quiet and just changed the rear tir to a Road Pilot and imediately could hear a whine from the tire. I wear ear plugs and am hard of hearing - I could still hear the difference. And yes it's mounted in the right direction. smirk.gif

I did the pilot roads last time I bought new sneakers. I couldn't stand the noise coming from the front. This time I put ME880's on. BEAUTIFUL! I have approx. 3500 miles on them now and am very pleased. clap.gif

I use Metzeler Me880 for many miles now, and never heard any noise from them.

Ditto on the 880's. They don't whine about nothin'. Come to think, the Z6's didn't whine either. But, the 880's don't whine for longer miles. grin.gif

Archived