IGNORED

Ztechnik windshield for R1200ST!!!

wilsons

Uh, no thanks! I like my stocker, works incredibly well. Looks very well intergrated with the whole thing. This thing looks too big and silly.

IMHO the stock windshield works very well. I was skeptical when I first saw it but that little V thingy is in there for a purpose.

The Ztechnik looks like I might want to fondle it a bit. I'll be looking for a shield for my ST not sure at all what to get yet.

The Ztechnik looks like I might want to fondle it a bit. I'll be looking for a shield for my ST not sure at all what to get yet.

Ya got:

Ztechnik. God their website sucks, but the shield highly interests me.

Cee Bailey. - I tested the 12.5x17.xx? incher last year. worked pretty good, still had some buffeting on the helmet but now that I know how to ride the bike, im ducking more that probably wont happen to me now. CB will also customize it for you, you can make it taller and or wider, for a small fee. I have pictures of the one I tried here. It kinda looks a little... perverted..

Parabellum. This picture is pretty bad I have more pictures here that they sent me.

and

Secdem. This guys I haven't been able to contact really. As you may have guessed, They're in France. They never replied back to my e-mail. frown.gifhere's some pictures of there shield.

Maybe I should post this stuff on the r1200st.us page too tongue.gif

Cee Bailey. - I tested the 12.5x17.xx? incher last year. worked pretty good, still had some buffeting on the helmet but now that I know how to ride the bike, im ducking more that probably wont happen to me now. CB will also customize it for you, you can make it taller and or wider, for a small fee. I have pictures of the one I tried here. It kinda looks a little... perverted..

I have the Cee Bailey on my ST and am happy with it. Smooth air over my bighead.

J

I've got the C.B. That I used for 1000 miles Lima-Tampa and took it off because I like the flow of the stocker. I might get the tinted Ztechnik if I can sell the C.B. though.

I would use it primarily for long trips where noise and truck buffeting would annoy the holy hell out of me. I'm talkin like 5 or 7 hour rides or longer. Otherwise I'll use the stock one. From the sounds of it the Z should work better than the CB.

What is the little 'V' thingy for?

I'm considering changing mine too, but not before I get a fully positive response on an aftermarket version. In the meantime I'll be tinting mine with some window tint film from the local auto spares shop.

Can anyone really recommend one to minimse the buffeting? This is one element I still miss on the R1100RS.

Well at some point I'm gonna be the ginuea pig and find out how that V stream works cuz I really wanna know.

I went to the SECDEM site and clicked on "Importers" for North America, the place is in Quebec. Here is the prices I got:

>Hello,

>

>The price is 229.95$CDN ( about 189.00$ US )+ 30$ CDN for shipping to USA.

>For order,please call Joe 1.888.577.29.29 ( is free )

>Best regards

>Antoine Clary

I got a friend in Montreal, I may head up there for a visit and a windscreen. grin.gif

On the subject of the Z-Technic screen, Bob's BMW in MD carries the Z line. If somebody rode up there and asked, they may let you borrow a windscreen for an hour to try it out. wink.gif

Archived