Aeroflow Screen

Highway41

Have completed three rides since installing the standard Aeroflow windscreen and boy am I impressed. I had buffeting with the stock screen and had to keep it at just the right height to balance back and forward pressures; too low and I got a blast of air, too high and I got lots of back pressure.

No back pressure or buffeting at any height with the Aeroflow; very smooth. It does flutter a bit at speed but doesn't impart it to the bike. I likey! Bill

Hey Bill!

I`m 6'4" and have been looking

at the differant offerings.

How tall are you and where does the air

hit you with the screen down/up/midway?

I can`t recall, where there differant heights offered?

AlgoaTX,

There are 3 Hights offered by Aeroflow. You would need the tall. I have one also and had a 75 mile ride in to work today in 33 degree temps. Absolute blast behind that screen. All I hear is the tires and the motor, no wind. I feel like a stealth bullet.

Carl

PS Call 'em & ask questions. The web site doesn't have enough information.

There are 3 Hights offered by Aeroflow... Absolute blast behind that screen. All I hear is the tires and the motor, no wind. I feel like a stealth bullet.

Do you look over the windshield, or through it? I like the idea of being in that pocket of still air, but not at the expense of looking through the 'shield.

Tom,

I Always look over the screen. Through the screen would have it way higher than necessary.

Carl

Thanks, Carl! I really don't want anything taller than the stock shield, just for esthetic reasons. Bigger windshields look so "Goldwing-ish"!! dopeslap.gif

Did the airflow management system make a noticeable difference? I have not installed it yet, and was wondering if it was worth bothering?

Did the airflow management system make a noticeable difference? I have not installed it yet, and was wondering if it was worth bothering?

Yes, it makes a difference. It seems to smooth the air flow on the back side of the shield..

I have the standard height. When raised about an inch, the flow is just above my helmut; higher raises the pocket even further. I am 5'10" and ride with the seat in the high position. It also moves the side pocket out a few inches. With the stock, I had air on my hands and shoulders; with the Aeroflow, the blast is right at the end of the bars and outside my shoulders. I would think you would need the tall version. See ya. Bill

I had buffeting with the stock screen and had to keep it at just the right height to balance back and forward pressures; too low and I got a blast of air, too high and I got lots of back pressure.

I could have written this myself.

My wife and I just returned from a 1200 mile trip to Oregon on our new RT. My neck is sore from the back pressure (or the vacuum in front of me?). The stock windshield seems high enough (I'm 6 feet), but something is aerodynamically wrong. If I lower the shield to stop the back pressure, the windnoise is strong, even with earplugs. frown.gif

(I can say that I once bought an Aeroflow windshield for my long gone R1100RT, and it was wonderful.)

The new bike is otherwise a dream, thumbsup.gif and my wife says she's much more comfortable on the new RT than on our R1150GS. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

You will be surprised at the improvement in buffeting, back pressure and noise over the stock screen. Most things I have done to the bike have simply rearranged the deck chairs or resulted in minor improvement; this was dramatic. Ride safe. Bill

Archived