IGNORED

Gear Review: Visorcat Helmet Visor Cleaner

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

visorcat-review

Visorcat is a gizmo designed to clean your helmet visor as you ride. The unit fits over your left glove and is held in place by well thought out and unobtrusive elasticated strapping. The small reservoir, for a water and liquid soap mix, is topped off by a wiper blade and a sponge.

At first glance I thought it’d get in the way, snag things and generally be uncomfortable but that’s not the case at all.

P1021983

The Visorcat really comes into its own on those cruddy days when the road surface is damp enough for grime to be flung up at your visor but when there’s not enough moisture to wick the gunk away. It’s also excellent at cleaning away bug splatters. I’ve also found it really useful while off-roading.

I’ve been using mine for a year now and I like it a lot. All it takes is couple of swoops of the sponge, plus a swipe of the wiper, and you have clear views again. It’s an effective and easy to use bit of kit, which must add significant life to your visor. A reservoir generally lasted a full day’s ride.

MSRP: $50 Aerostich.com

PROS

CONS

Easy to use  Works well with smooth or semi-smooth topped gloves, but doesn't stay in place with pronounced knuckle protection type gloves
 Fits every hand size  Needs the supplied bottle or a syringe body for reservior refilling
 Works efficiently
 Your hand is always free - never having to grip a cloth to clean your screen  

{gallery}ARTICLES/Gear/VisorCat/Gallery{/gallery}

YHkR03PoKjY

View the full article