IGNORED

Field Tested: Klim Artemis - a Serious ADV Suit for Women

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

klim-artemis-review

With an improving industry standard in women’s motorcycle apparel, I was excited when the Senior Product Developer at Klim asked me to scrutinize a two-piece set of their latest offering for women and made by women—the Artemis. As a full-time, location-independent rider, I require a suit that employs excellent protection; daylong comfort in the saddle—on pavement as much as off road; a weatherproofed ride come rain, hail or shine; and the ability to look good in something that is actually contoured to the female form. In the context where women’s-specific motorcycle apparel is still limited in today’s market, I’m not demanding too much, am I?

artemis klim 4

Ergonomically, the suit and armor articulate very well with my limbs and joints, allowing good maneuverability on and off the bike. Optimal placement of ventilation employed, I can vouch that it kept me sweet-natured on Vancouver Island in 45°F and, foremost, wasn’t intolerable off-road in the Anza-Borrego desert in 85°F+. Airflow is much improved because the jacket has 10 vents, including two unique cross-core ones that permit your chest to stay aerated in a custom comfort map system. The GORE-TEX two-layer shell lived up to its technical claim and kept me bone-dry through Washington and Oregon’s winter rains—without pesky liners.

Gloriously, the Artemis has resolved my two bugbears in Klim pants I’ve formerly worn. First, the pants possess storage on each thigh. An ample number of six pockets also feature on the jacket exterior, plus internal ones including three hidden compartments—another development over previous offerings. Second, bottom hem snaps on the pant ensure my legs remain well insulated from any rude drafts when it’s cold.

artemis klim 2

Bare-boned the Artemis is not. Cutting-edge components such as an overlay of Karbonite ripstop feature in all the targeted, high abrasion zones. Present on the inside leg is a soft but hardwearing goat leather, adding tremendous grip on the gas tank when up on the foot pegs. I also relish the cozy microfleece collar complete with a polygiene anti-odor liner. Klimtek cooling fabric technology is applied in the mesh armor pockets, which improves breathability throughout. The protection of the Artemis is another one to write home about. Easy to pop in and remove, the flexible integrated pads are CE-certified D3O level 1, have decent ventilation properties, and are far from bulky.

artemis klim 1The prototype I tested isn’t one of the production color schemes although it was similar to the mid-gray with red accents, and the dark gray and tan with high-viz detailing. Thanks to Klim’s product development team and stylish use of color, the Artemis goes beyond making the rider look good, it makes her look great.

For overall responsiveness, this is the best three-season suit I’ve worn. As KLIM’s flagship women-specific suit, it’s built with an array of tech-savvy materials. The result not only offers protective elements that are second to none but also terrific aeration. Because it’s not heavy, it doesn’t sap the energy level throughout the day. Ultimately, it’s a high-end product built to go the distance for female motorcyclists. What’s more, the solution is a beautiful looking suit. It’s even striking. True to size across many shapes and sizes, Klim has blown all previous offerings out of the ballpark with this back-in-the-net technical piece for female riders in which style meets both comfort and performance. For its intended use, the Artemis is currently trailblazing the women’s arena. MSRP: Jacket (Small–2X)—$699.99 | Pants (Regular 4–16/Tall 6–12)—$549.99–$569.99 Klim.com

PROS

CONS

Unprecedented ventilation system tailored to the female form  A fully featured flagship suit is expensive
 A gender-specific adjustable fit that works well in practically all conditions
 Improved storage on the pant and ample compartments throughout the jacket
 No need for liners, the GORE-TEX is permanently waterproof  
 A very stylish offering

Where to Buy:

Official Site btn   Revzilla btn

cfxj6DKvsZg

View the full article