IGNORED

Rigg Gear Trails End Adventure Tank Bag

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

rigg-gear-trails-end-tank-bag-review

With its low profile and unexpectedly large capacity, the Trails End Adventure Tank Bag from Rigg-Gear (by Nelson-Rigg) is an excellent addition to nearly any rider’s soft bag collection. With dual-sport appropriate V-shaped geometry, the bag is packed with all the features you’d expect from industry-leading luggage, including reflective piping, weather resistance, a non-slip bottom surface, an expandable main compartment, and more.

This bag’s strongest assets include its quick-release buckle system, a touchscreen-friendly clear map pocket, and a handle, making it a great choice for those who need to store valuables like electronics, but prefer not to leave their bag on an unattended bike. I’m an urban rider and like to take my bags with me, so this is a great alternative to my usual Wolfman tail bag.

Nelson Rigg Tank Bag 5

On an XT250, refueling only required unclipping one of the bag’s four buckles to access my gas cap, and unlike many magnet-based attachment systems, the buckles ensure the bag won’t budge while riding pretty much any kind of terrain.

Along with these city-friendly features, the bag comes adventure-ready with a clear, waterproof rain fly, 30% expandable capacity, and reverse-coil zippers throughout. My first day out with this bag involved nearly six hours in the rain, and my phone would have met a watery grave if not for the Trails End bag’s superb rain fly, which comes included with the bag. It attaches with a drawstring and comes on and off in seconds, for which I was grateful after getting caught in several summer downpours.

Nelson Rigg Tank Bag 3

The extra four liters of expandable space also allowed me to pack away my rain gear when not in use, and I was even able to compress and zip it back down to its original size once closed, saving a little vertical volume and still allowing me to get into a pretty aggressive tuck.

This bag is an overall strong choice for off-road friendly soft luggage, and has quickly become my most commonly used bike bag for everything from commuting to trail riding. MSRP: $99 NelsonRigg.com

PROS

CONS

30% expandable storage volume  Sloped geometry = great on dual-sports, but small for touring bikes
 Electronics friendly  Can be difficult to tuck away buckles on bike when not in use
 Analog-map friendly
 Lightweight  
 Easy on, easy off  
 Included rain fly  

{gallery}ARTICLES/Gear/Rigg-Gear/TankBag/Gallery{/gallery}

fVmpkA6Snfo

View the full article