IGNORED

CamHead Valve Check

GordonB

So, at 60K I have checked the valve clearances. My local dealer has done all previous checks (minus the 12K). most clearances are at the high end.

Exhausts are .39mm and Intakes are .21mm one side and .18mm on the other.

The question is do I leave as is (still within spec) or is it best to reset and and get them more toward the mid range.

Who knows may have been this way for the past 48K.

Thanks for the help.

So, at 60K I have checked the valve clearances. My local dealer has done all previous checks (minus the 12K). most clearances are at the high end.

Exhausts are .39mm and Intakes are .21mm one side and .18mm on the other.

The question is do I leave as is (still within spec) or is it best to reset and and get them more toward the mid range.

Who knows may have been this way for the past 48K.

Thanks for the help.

Afternoon GordonB

As long as they are well within specs then you are good to go as a little variance within the spec range means nothing to the engine runability as the take-up ramps on the cam lobe profile takes the lash out before the steeper opening ramp.

Probably next valve inspection you should think about getting the exhaust valves down a bit (like midrange) & maybe address that higher intake.

Unless you have the bike laid up for the winter, in that case it might be a good time now as you have the time to take it apart, measure your existing semi-spheres , then order new.