IGNORED

Large cabin in/near Gatlinburg

SteveHebert

Hey all,

It has been quite some time since I have posted. Lot's of changes in my life over the past few years and I am now living in Abu Dhabi, still flying and teaching.

We will be back in the US the weekend of 17 October and are looking at renting a large 4-5 bedroom cabin in the Gatlinburg area to spend time with my kids and grandkids.

Does anyone know of a good property or have a friend that may want to rent?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Hey Marty,

Probably. Plans are not confirmed yet but we will spend 4-5 days in VI diving, then fly up and rent a car for the next week or so. Will let you know as the time gets closer.

We are focusing on our trip to NZ and AUS next month. Rented a VW camper van for two weeks in NZ!

We had a family reunion at Creekside Lodge in 2014. It did the trick. Nestled far enough away and in between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg to work well as a get-away hub. There isn't enough moonshine to ever get me to go back to that area though!

Stay outta trouble, Mister.

Thanks Jake. I will take a look at that. The area is quite congested but we love the mountains and Melissa has never seen the east coast. We plan to spend the weekend with the girls, then venture up the BRP and various areas. I may even rent a bike for a day or two.

All is good here, just living each day to the fullest!

Jake, the only reason I went to that area was to go to Cades Cove. I took Persimmon branch road which was dirt to Deals gap. Unfortunately that dirt road has been closed due to trees being down.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my last post disappeared.  Anyway, nice to see you hanging around a bit Steve!  If you ever want a non-cabin in Charlotte, let me know.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Steve:

Do not miss Milford Sound on NZ south island.  great to hear from you.  

enjoy your trip, NZ is spectacular.