Twisties

Weaverville aka Dead Center in the Middle of Nowhere?

Twisties

How's the interest for May 10-12? Shall we keep it in Weaverville at Red Hill, or try a go in Arcata or Ft Bragg or elsewhere in the area?

Bill_Walker

IN. For me, there are still a number of roads around Weaverville I haven't ridden (basically anything to the north). But I'd be fine with the other locations, too.

CoarsegoldKid

Maybe by then I'll have a bike to ride. If I do I plan to basically do the same as I did last year just to break it up some. Bye the way NmS is two weekends earlier.

eddd

Considering it.

Traveler1

IN for me. Any location is OK.

Twisties
Maybe by then I'll have a bike to ride. If I do I plan to basically do the same as I did last year just to break it up some. Bye the way NmS is two weekends earlier.

This has always been the problem. In the past we've chosen weekend before Memorial Day, which gives us more separation from you, and better chances for dry weather and all of the roads to be open, but coincides with Spring Torrey. There have been a lot of complaints about interference with spring Torrey, so I thought I 'd propose going a week earlier.

What's up with your bike?

stubble!

We're in wherever it may be. But we really love the scene at the Red Hill and there are lots of rides I haven't done.

• Like 1

eddd

This has always been the problem. In the past we've chosen weekend before Memorial Day, which gives us more separation from you, and better chances for dry weather and all of the roads to be open, but coincides with Spring Torrey. There have been a lot of complaints about interference with spring Torrey, so I thought I 'd propose going a week earlier.

What's up with your bike?

If things are getting backed up with other planned rides is there any reason it couldn't be a bit later...like in June or July? This years UN is so far that western people might be interested in an alternative.

mbelectric

In...regardless of dates. Coinciding with Torrey is, for some, a concern, but remember, there are 2 Torrey's...Fall Torrey is wonderful. Spring Weaverville is also wonderful. I love the place. I know the original intent was to move this event around, but there's something funky about this little town and area that says” come on back”...

Set it up Jan. The riders will come. And if Joe doesn't have a bike, then he can cage it on up to my place and pick up a loaner.

MB>

eddd
In...regardless of dates. Coinciding with Torrey is, for some, a concern, but remember, there are 2 Torrey's...Fall Torrey is wonderful. Spring Weaverville is also wonderful. I love the place. I know the original intent was to move this event around, but there's something funky about this little town and area that says” come on back”...

Set it up Jan. The riders will come. And if Joe doesn't have a bike, then he can cage it on up to my place and pick up a loaner.

MB>

The R1200RTW?

:lurk:

graydude

I love Weaverville and the farmer. I agree with my short friend it would be nice to have an alternative to the un. The weather would be much nicer during that time frame

Bill_Walker
IN. For me, there are still a number of roads around Weaverville I haven't ridden (basically anything to the north). But I'd be fine with the other locations, too.

Oops. I failed to notice the proposed change in dates. I can't make those dates. :(

Tank

Gary and I are booked for this event

mbelectric
On 1/13/2019 at 4:11 AM, eddd said:

The R1200RTW?

:lurk:

Sure , why not!

• Like 1

CoarsegoldKid

I'd love to ride the RTW but my budget tells me I shouldn't.  I'll hold out that my RT will be repaired for NmS in April and good to go for Weaverville.  I better get my reservations taken care of soon.

CoarsegoldKid

Reservations made.

• Like 2

Miguel!

I'm a new member and would live to attend. I'd make this part of a larger trip from Santa Cruz CA  Medford OR and back with an overnight or two in Weaverville. 

Best 

Miguel!

• Like 1

Twisties

Great riding all along that route, Miguel!  We'll look forward to seeing you.

Miguel!

Its a few days late but thanks Twisties. I'll look forward to meeting you. My planned ride is Santa Cruz N to Walnut Creek to spend the night with my sister, then N to Weaverville, Next day with my neice in BF in Mt Shasta, then onto Medford to spend the day/night w my former boss, then back to the coast and S  to Mill Valley to spend the night with one of my longest friends, then home to Santa Cruz with a potential stop at UCSF in San Francisco. This would be my longest ride ever I think, 500-700 miles depending on which way I go. Miguel

• Like 1

BendBill

Yahoo.  Reservations made.  It will be nice to see some folks again, even the ones who don't make things up :-)

• Like 1