BMWSportTouring
Bud

08 GS Cold starts fine. Warm starts are not so good.

Bud

When cold it turns over and fires up quickly. When warm, the starter starts to turn then bogs down like the battery is low. Takes several different tries before it will fire up.

Ideas?????

Bud
Posted (edited)

BTW IT IS AN 08. Can not change title. :dopeslap :dopeslap::

greiffster can

Edited by greiffster

dirtrider
When cold it turns over and fires up quickly. When warm, the starter starts to turn then bogs down like the battery is low. Takes several different tries before it will fire up.

Ideas?????

Afternoon Bud

First thought is your battery is starting to become too weak to do it's job. (you might have the battery load tested to yea or neigh this).

If battery checks out OK then possibly the starter is starting to have some internal problems (like a dragging armature hot).

Or your alternator belt is slipping so the battery is not fully charging while riding (worth a look but difficult to tell by just looking).

Otherwise a possible hot current flow problem so possibly do a starter system voltage drop test.

Just for information, the couple of times that I have seen a very similar (cold start OK, hot start poor) on the hexhead bikes it has turned out to be the battery.

Bud

Thanks.

Will get the battery check out.

TEWKS

Sounds like similar symptoms my GS was displaying a couple years back. Started cold ok, warm not so much. New Bat, all has been well ever since. ( now I did It ) :dopeslap::grin:

Pat

Bud

Hope that is my problem as well. :thumbsup: