CoarsegoldKid

California North meets South in the Middle 2019

CoarsegoldKid

Okay friends for the moment you've all been waiting for North meets South will be on the weekend of April 26 in Oakhurst, CA. The rates are unchanged from last year at $89.00 for two persons at the Comfort Inn. When you call 559-683-8282 for reservations please tell them you are with BMWST to get the rate.

Newcomers you should know that this gathering is not limited to BMW branded motorcycles so your friends can also attend. This will be the eleventh year holding this BMWST event. Oakhurst is located in the foothills of the Sierra National Forest area at the confluence of Hwy 49 and Hwy 41. Yosemite National Park is a short ride north of the motel. The roads within a 75 mile radius in all directions are perfect motorcycle roads. Best to have tires with good side tread. The National Forest officially does not open until May 1st but you should not find closed gates for off-highway enjoyment and I've never known anyone to have any issues, except for mud. Riders generally group up into like minded throttle twisters. You won't be disappointed as there is something for everyone. There are even art galleries and brewery and one hard liquor distiller/tasting room in town. Most all eating and drinking is within walking/stumbling distance.

At some point I'll contact a few of the local restaurants to see if they can accommodate us as we have done in past years. If anyone has a opinion on this let me know I might be able to do something about it. Remember the Crab Cakes is no longer in business but the restaurant has reopened under another name like Cowboy or Ranch Home Cooking. I haven't tried it.

Make those reservations soon.

• Like 1

eddd

Always a good time. The Tiger and I will be there.

graydude

I gotta go to watch EDDDDD

eddd
I gotta go to watch EDDDDD

I've already contacted the Dirty Donkey staff so they have time to lay in a supply of that PBR rotgut.

Heyfrank

Frank and hank (haken)Are inðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜Ž. Frank's on 4 wheels , sissy ...

Twisties

Room is reserved, a route is planned... I guess this means... Bullett and I are IN

Traveler1

Room reserved - Arriving Friday.

Bullett

I'm looking forward to riding some twisty roads, enjoying the beautiful Sierra area scenery, and seeing some riding buddies in beautiful Oakhurst, CA!  

LBump

Reservation made.  Sure hope to make it...

Hope the weather is good too!

Rock Weather.jpg

• Like 1

Twisties

Hey @CoarsegoldKid, you can put it on the calendar yourself now, and include pics, routes, etc.  

Edited by Twisties
Tagged Joe

CoarsegoldKid

Done.  I don't have pictures to add.

CoarsegoldKid

Dinner pics from 2015

IMG_20140426_195418226.jpg

IMG_20140426_195347431.jpg

IMG_20140426_195359156.jpg

Groanup

In and Booked!

I always look forward to this trip!

20180428_094355.jpg

20180428_110327.jpg

RT Russ

IN and booked. Looking forward to it once again!

Russ

CoarsegoldKid

Thanks for posting pics Don.  I bet John has some too.  Along with the riders of past years I hope to see some new faces this year.

drswift

Booked! Janet & I are IN.

Brian Louw

I'm in! Reservation made

BrianT
On 1/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, eddd said:

I've already contacted the Dirty Donkey staff so they have time to lay in a supply of that PBR rotgut.

IN and booked. Sadly it looks like the Dirty Donkey is permanently closed. Don’t know if another bar is going in or something else.  We’ll need to find Todd a new watering hole and maybe have a moment of silence for the Dirty Donkey. :cry:

• Sad 1

CoarsegoldKid

Dirty Donkey was bought out by the Comfort Inn to become a part of the motel.  There's a pizza shop there for the moment.  I never noticed but maybe the pizza shop was always there?  A little further up the road is a "biker" bar.  Todd can sniff out a bar from a few miles away.  

• Like 1

Bill_Walker
13 hours ago, CoarsegoldKid said:

Dirty Donkey was bought out by the Comfort Inn to become a part of the motel.  There's a pizza shop there for the moment.  I never noticed but maybe the pizza shop was always there?  A little further up the road is a "biker" bar.  Todd can sniff out a bar from a few miles away.  

The half of the building farthest from the motel lobby has been a pizza place for as long as I've been going there.  The DD was in the half of the building closer to the motel.  Maybe the pizza joint took over the whole building?

CoarsegoldKid

The motel bought out the DD according to the GM of the motel.

factortech

I'm IN and arriving on Friday:bike: