IGNORED

New Member and new to me 03 R1250RT

sgilbert

Hi, just did 2 things.. first, just put a down payment on a new to me 03 R1250RT. The bike is in great condition with less than 20k on it. Second, I joined the forum..

So, like stated the bike is in awesome condition, fully serviced by the dealer but there is always things that you should know about a new to me bike. My past bikes include Concorus(s) 1000's and a Voayager 1200. Never had but always wanted a BMW so took the jump on it yesterday.. any good to knows, great add-ons etc.. Bike is staying at the dealers till the end of March/April..

Thanks

Steve

Hi, just did 2 things.. first, just put a down payment on a new to me 03 R1250RT. The bike is in great condition with less than 20k on it. Second, I joined the forum..

So, like stated the bike is in awesome condition, fully serviced by the dealer but there is always things that you should know about a new to me bike. My past bikes include Concorus(s) 1000's and a Voayager 1200. Never had but always wanted a BMW so took the jump on it yesterday.. any good to knows, great add-ons etc.. Bike is staying at the dealers till the end of March/April..

Thanks

Steve

Morning Steve

Welcome to forum.

I presume that you mis-typed & your new bike is really an 1150RT not a 1250?

Welcome.

Condition "good". Great.

Now. service history, last done, tires, brake lines, gas tank lines, alt belt, fuel filter, QD's, etc?

These bikes can run a long time, with high mileage.

Or, they can sit and require not only the required service based on time and mileage, but also??

So, good luck, ride it and have fun.

March or April tells me you're somewhere cold. :dontknow: It's all good, many happy thoughts on where to take her on the maiden voyage! :thumbsup:

Welcome but be prepared for a move to a new BMWST format, it's gonna be good. :thumbsup:

My 03 was Biarritz Blue like this one. :Cool:

7C7569DD-FF94-423A-A412-CFC42025C6CD.jpg

Pat

Welcome Steve - you will find this site to be your frequent go to for information on your BMW. Please fill out your profile so we know where you reside and a little about yourself. Hope you will consider joining us at one of the BMWST events this year! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the replies. Dealer installed new tires, fully serviced it, tested etc.. warrenty included plus an extended warrenty available of 1-4 yrs, paper work, etc... can't wait till sping! Just added the bikes pic for the avatar :thumbsup:

Edited by sgilbert

I love the lake George area for riding as well... Lake George to Fort Ticonderoga then off to Shroon Lake and then back on Hwy 9 is a nice loop

Yes nice area for sure. June 23-28 a bunch of us will be meeting for the "UNRally" up in Lake George. It's basically a get together to help put faces with board names, a ride or three and a meal. It's a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

Pat