IGNORED

Bak-up Back Rest

Rob Nowell

I just purchased a Bak-up back rest for my '16 RT, and cannot get the seat to snap into position with the back rest installed. I have the "factory low" seat, heated, in the LOW position. Does anyone have experience with these accessories?

Well, you don't mention if it's the rider or passenger backrest, but for the last gen camhead RT, the instructions say to push the drivers backrest forward to get the passenger seat to latch .

Maybe this applies to your bike.

I sold Bak-Up backrests for a number of years and they are really well done.

Your best bet is to wait until they open and call them with your problem or give more details here that someone may recognize.

Thanks, Tri750. This is the rider's backrest. I followed directions, got some advice from the factory, but am still not having any luck.

Then you need to be creative.

Try it with the seat adjuster in the "high" position.

Then try it with the passenger seat removed, just the drivers seat alone.

It's possible that the contour of the seat pan of the low and standard seats is different and it's touching the frame with any spacers removed or touching the backrest bracketry.

Slow down and you'll get it.

Maybe a second set of eyes would help.

Edited by Tri750
  • 4 weeks later...

Bak-up's customer service was absolutely outstanding.  However, even with all the ideas and suggestions --and a second backrest they sent-- I could not get it to work out.  :classic_angry: