IGNORED

PC3 or Booster Plug for Remus

Bigfish

Hey Guys, looking for advise and your past experiences. I recently purchased a used Remus Revolution exhaust system. The full system including the Stainless Steel Header Pipes. My research, so far, has led me to believe that my 09 R1200 RT should automatically adjust and recalibrate to the new system when I install it. I also have heard that a Power Commander would be a good idea but pretty expensive. Then I came across another product called a Booster Plug that seems like it would satisfy my needs. I had purchased some kind of booster for my 04 1150 RT and that made a huge difference in the low end performance. BTW, my 04 came with a Remus already on it and I liked it a lot.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, looking for advise and your past experiences. I recently purchased a used Remus Revolution exhaust system. The full system including the Stainless Steel Header Pipes. My research, so far, has led me to believe that my 09 R1200 RT should automatically adjust and recalibrate to the new system when I install it. I also have heard that a Power Commander would be a good idea but pretty expensive. Then I came across another product called a Booster Plug that seems like it would satisfy my needs. I had purchased some kind of booster for my 04 1150 RT and that made a huge difference in the low end performance. BTW, my 04 came with a Remus already on it and I liked it a lot.

Thanks!

Morning Bigfish

The Booster Plug is just a waste of money & time on the closed loop BMW 1200 bikes as the electronic fuel injection will simply adjust it out in short order.

The Power Commander can help but is difficult to set up & adjust.

Your 1200 bike really doesn't need anything as the fueling system will adjust to most exhaust systems as the exhaust doesn't make a lot of difference on the fueling system.

If you want to install anything then the AF-XIED is probably the best option to richen the fueling as it is very easy to set up/adjust & WILL richen the fueling.

Thanks DR. I am guessing that the 1200 brain is smarted than the 1150 brain. The Booster plug did wonders on my 1150. Glad I asked and I will not waste any money.

One more question, How important is it to buy the new thin gaskets where the headers meet the engine? Bike only has 22,000 miles.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks DR. I am guessing that the 1200 brain is smarted than the 1150 brain. The Booster plug did wonders on my 1150. Glad I asked and I will not waste any money.

One more question, How important is it to buy the new thin gaskets where the headers meet the engine? Bike only has 22,000 miles.

Thanks!!!!

Morning Bigfish

The 1200 brain (fueling computer) is a little more sophisticated than the 1150 Ma2.4 but not by a great amount as it is still a basic closed loop system but the 1200 does use a separate o2 sensor for each cylinder & better adaptive learning.

The Booster plug (and similar inlet air temp spoofer devices) really didn't so much for the 1150 either. When riders noted an improvement on the 1150 bikes it was usually due other services or changes made at the same time as Booster Plug install.

On the header gaskets?-- You can usually get away without replacing them if the original exhaust headers are simply re-installed. When installing a new or different system it is usually a good idea to replace the gaskets as they have probably taken a set (ie, conformed to) the original exhaust flanges.

I did the exhaust and the booster plug and couldn't tell any difference. What I did do was install the Lennie's Rocket Sprockets. I would do it again in a heart beat. Bikes got 70 k miles now.