IGNORED

The Smoaks Vlogs

TEWKS

Shawn Smoak is a mechanic for Pro Caliber Motorsports in Vancouver, WA. Can Am and now BMW is his specialty's, anyway I find his vlogs fun to watch. While no great detail in the mechanics of the brands, his passion for the toys we enjoy is evident. :thumbsup:

The Smoaks Vlogs

Pat

• Haha 1

Yeee Haaaaa, now that's a good ol' boy if ever there was. Also a motorcycle salesman if ever there was.

I watched one of his videos on the R1250RT and imo the looks haven't improved. The thing looks like some kind of multi-segmented insect especially when viewed from the front.

Yeee Haaaaa, now that's a good ol' boy if ever there was. Also a motorcycle salesman if ever there was.

Yeah he is! He sold me a Spyder from three thousand miles away. :ohboy:

Pat

Personal experience; I own a model 3; is that it does fine picking up motorcycles. However I have not used Adaptive Cruise Control while following a motorcycle but it was clearly shown on my screen as a motorcycle.

if anything with a car that can drive on most roads you start to realize that you estimation of how bad other people drive was grossly underestimating how bad they are. As far as his note about sound, electric motorcycles are silent

Edited by CommuterChris

From his moto vlog side of "well hello there YouTube" :grin: Best be careful he may score another direct hit (sale) :shake: from far away. He does have the advantage on this one. ;)

Pat

Welllll, I watched a couple of his blogs and I kind of enjoyed them. I'm very familiar with his neck of the woods and I like the scenery shots of the Cascades especially views of Mt. Rainier. Pro Caliber has got to be quite an operation and is located in a great spot to sell all things motorcycle. Washington State dealers don't collect sales tax from Oregon buyers and Portland is right across the river from Vancouver. I would imagine they get a lot of business from the Olympia area as well. Anyway, when the weather gets better I'm headed up that way just to have a look. Not going to buy anything but am curious. Shawn and his wife Kelley seem like really fine hard working folks. Oh, and I like his dogs as well. :)

Edited by JamesW

Yeah, really likable people it seems. :thumbsup: About the dogs, the Smoaks must have missed the last few years of the Price is Right and Bob Barker's advice because those pups were mixing it up big time for a while. In other words, Free puppies in the PNW. :grin: I've yet to ride in the state of Washington, if I get the chance in the near future I'll stop in and say hi at Pro Caliber. :wave:

Pat

Washington State is where my riding career began in '75. In '76 I bought my first BMW a new '77 R75/7 at a long defunct dealer in Federal Way. Those were good days not to say theses days aren't especially if you are alive and still going down the road. Maybe a bit more traffic, just a bit as in OMG especially in Western WA.