IGNORED

How well does a Tesla recognize motorcycles

RandyShields

Dennis Andress

Our F-150 has Advanced Cruise Control which adjusts speed to maintain a set distance behind a vehicle. I tried in on a gray rainy day while following Laney on her K13S. It did poorly, sometimes seeing her, sometimes not. As I had the cruise set to a higher speed than Laney was travelling, when it didn't see her the truck accelerated and would have hit her if I hadn't intervened.

I've read on an F-150 forum where some people use the Advanced Cruise Control in stop and go traffic. It can apply the brakes so I guess that would work. I wouldn't want to be on a bike in front of someone doing that...

i wouldn't trust a Tesla or Uber based system at this point. They are both ranked consistently as the worst autonomous systems. While no system can be expected to be 100% correct, there are just numerous cases indicating that the Tesla AutoPilot system is over glorified and cannot handle irregular scenarios which exist in the real world. I have instructed all my family members to be wary of Teslas and not drive next to them.

Autonomous ranking in 2018

Oh for &%#$)@ sake! As if motorcycling in today's world hasn't gotten bad enough! I can just see what riding through that zoo called Portland, OR is going to be like now. NO THANKS!!!! One more reason to think about hanging up my helmet. Then you have all the idiot Californians traveling north in summer on good old highway 101 in a big sweat to get somewhere that in the end looks just like where they've already been. OMG!

There, another feel better morning rant for what its worth or not.

Oh for &%#$)@ sake! As if motorcycling in today's world hasn't gotten bad enough! I can just see what riding through that zoo called Portland, OR is going to be like now. NO THANKS!!!! One more reason to think about hanging up my helmet. Then you have all the idiot Californians traveling north in summer on good old highway 101 in a big sweat to get somewhere that in the end looks just like where they've already been. OMG!

There, another feel better morning rant for what its worth or not.

James - Move to Indiana and all of your problems will be solved . . .