IGNORED

I Love My Camhead

MichiganBob

Good Morning,

Just felt like proclaiming it to the world how much I love my 2012 RT. This is my 5th BMW. Started with a 71 R/75/5, then 81 RS, 93 K1100RS, 02 1150RT and now 12 1200RT. This bike is such a nice ride, love the ergos, maintenance can be a little simpler re:tired of taking off tupperware but you get used to it and it goes faster. Removing the battery compared to the 02 is so much easier. So is brake bleeding. The 02 with that ABS unit was insane. Anyhow, just wanted to inject a positive thread here as so many are about something that's not working.

Ride safe,

Bob

• Thanks 1

Have to agree. I bought my 2012 RT new & it has been good to me after 65K KM. After seeing the problems my friends are having with their LC's. I'll just keep lubing the spline area, stay on top the maintenance and ride it until she's worn out. Just tires, plugs, shims & oil now, I hope.

By the time the switch-gear started to act up, it was a well known issue & the Dealership did not hassle me. But after the voluntary recall was done, they had lost some screws on the fairing and did not put it back together correctly. Fortunately I caught that right away and it was an easy fix.

When the clutch goes, I'll replace it or consider finding another '12 -13 that sat in a garage and ride it until it dies.

I love the look, power and toys of the new 1250, but I hate the possible down time the bike will be spending at the Dealership debugging it.

I'd rather be touring when time & weather permits.

• Thanks 1

:Cool:

Going progressively from R50 toK1200 I found the changes always positive and noticeable.

When I got my first oilhead, still had my '80 R100 RT w/189,000+ miles on it (speeedo broke, rode for 10 more years).

It was light, triple discs, gotcha where ya was goin.

Added the '96 R1100 RSL.

Plan was to split time on bikes. Eventual shift to 90/10 oilhead.

Hmmm, maybe these new designs work, lol.

Same when moving to flying brick after 35 yrs of boxers.

So, enjoy the ride.

:wave: