IGNORED

Cedar Key XV

We will be in the frozen white tundra otherwise known as CT with a brand-new granddaughter then. Otherwise that sounds like a great first motorcycle get-together since moving to FL. Enjoy!

I've always wanted to make this event but it falls on my anniversary (47th) and grand daughter's birthday (13th). That's two ladies I don't want to disappoint! So it took some cajoling and negotiating about the importance of a specific date vs a date close to the magic one...and I was granted exception to celebrating on the exact day...as long as it was prior to the magic date. With all that said, as long as I'm really good the previous weekend I'm not free for Ceder Key XV and will be arriving Friday afternoon. I've made a reservation at the Faraway Inn so it looks like I'm in! This should be a hoot, looking forward to seeing everyone.

All right Dave! We're looking very forward to this, and Shawn having a chance to meet many of you she's only heard about. Those will be epic!

Are the rumors true that the Dynamic Duo will be together again for an updated photo?

kinsley%20and%20Tim.jpg

Looks like them SeeGars ain't stunting your growth one bit, Ken! :grin:

Pat

Marty, both.

:/

So, our refrigerator just went belly up.

Big box stores don't have delivery available until after January 17th.

Most used refrigerators around here have seen fish heads, literally.

Time for a Christmas miracle.

Dave, you are #9.

:wave:

Marty, both.

:/

So, our refrigerator just went belly up.

Big box stores don't have delivery available until after January 17th.

Most used refrigerators around here have seen fish heads, literally.

Time for a Christmas miracle.

Dave, you are #9.

Buy the display,.....you should be able to talk to the manager and get that deal. I've done it quite a few times, even on items that are "in their warehouse".

Good idea, but delivery an issue.

Long story.

Immediate need due to holiday.

Ended up with a $1499 one for $400 delivered by independent.

Had to do some end runs and cajoling, but in the end,

Baby It's Cold Inside the refrigerator.

So, brisket done and ready, potatoes, chili, veg soup, corn bread/biscuits.

Turkey in in the morning and multiple sides too.

Cooking breakfast, eggs, omelets, bacon, cinnamon rolls, for everyone, then chili, veg soups.

Dinner will be turkey, brisket, and trimmings galore.

Family, grandsons, and the dogs.

Merry Christmas to all!

Happy Holidays, make your plans to start the New Year in Cedar Key!

Long story.

Thought you had a truck?!?!

Long story.

Thought you had a truck?!?!

I do.

Right now is an I can't phase, unfortunately.

Alls well that ends well.

Best wishes.

Tim - Wow! Glad you got that sorted - sounds like you were very resourceful and made out pretty well in the face of an uphill challenge. :Yes::clap::thumbsup:

Florida Types are advising me the temps were higher than that - 79 or better! :clap:

Up this way, anything over 40 is a heat :wave:

Dave,

Average is 46-69.

We've had freezing (30-40 folks).

We've had very warm. (over 100)

No longer promote off this site.

That week has forecast range 0f 30's to high 60's.

It will most likely be cool/chilly/cold on the water. Time of day, wind, etc.

Layer, wind stopper jacket. If not needed great.

We can hope for a 75 degreeer.

McGruff is compiling a to do list for me...

I've seen the photos of bundled up folks sitting outside overlooking the water. Still looks inviting to me!

I'm under no illusions that the Swedish Bikini Sky Diving Team is going to land and feed me grapes and fan me as I bask bronzing myself on the beech.

Mrs. Indy Dave, however, will track temperatures for weeks or more, much like many will track sports stats. For all I know, she's in a fantasy league about such things!

The odds favor warmer temps than the MidWest, and certainly better scenery. For the change in scenery alone, we'll put up with the questionable company. :wave:

I've seen the photos of bundled up folks sitting outside overlooking the water. Still looks inviting to me!

I'm under no illusions that the Swedish Bikini Sky Diving Team is going to land and feed me grapes and fan me as I bask bronzing myself on the beech.

Mrs. Indy Dave, however, will track temperatures for weeks or more, much like many will track sports stats. For all I know, she's in a fantasy league about such things!

The odds favor warmer temps than the MidWest, and certainly better scenery. For the change in scenery alone, we'll put up with the questionable company. :wave:

Illusion?

Illusion?

No way.

Actually, a couple years ago we did have a waterfront bikini shoot in front of the FarAway Inn...

Illusion?

Illusion?

No way.

Actually, a couple years ago we did have a waterfront bikini shoot in front of the FarAway Inn...

Yes, I can confirm it was a bikini shoot...she was not a Victoria Secret model, but not bad for Cedar Key :jaw:

Weather looking good.

FarAway Inn says the remodeling from hurricanes complete.

Anyone else coming to our place Thursday night, get in touch, party starts early.

Hmm, after 15 years, maybe I should talk to the people who run the place and ask this appear in the annual events.

:beer:

dolphin cedar key harbour master.jpg

dolphin lamp ck.jpg

tim & beth cedar key harbour master 1.jpg

3 minutes ago, tallman said:

Hmm, after 15 years, maybe I should talk to the people who run the place and ask this appear in the annual events.

probably not a bad idea ... 

Bernie, not yet.

Called Away From the World and, they just replied.

We're looking good.

But, they're open, as is Steamers, 83, Duncans, Raw Bar, more.

So I'll scope it oput Friday night and see ya Saturday.

Supposed to be sunny and pushing 60.

I'm fine outside with that, but some may want inside.

You know those Tamp BMW Riders group, going this far north...

:beer:

11:30ish hopefully on the deck over the water.

away from the world rainbow.jpg

5 hours ago, Richard_D said:

See you all there . Instead of coming in the usual way , I'm going to explore Buck Island Rd. to Main Line etc.

Been wanting to get in there for years (I did sneak in once to look around),  it's called Gulf Hammock, a private hunt club out of Williston has controlled it for many generations. If you get caught in there just hope it's by the po-po, it makes banjo Appalachia look civilized.

14 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Been wanting to get in there for years (I did sneak in once to look around),  it's called Gulf Hammock, a private hunt club out of Williston has controlled it for many generations. If you get caught in there just hope it's by the po-po, it makes banjo Appalachia look civilized.

Bill, I called the Levy County road dept. Buck Island Rd. is public as well as others. All the private hunting roads and areas  are posted . She's not sure you can make it all the way to 95th due to rain and logging companies dumping rock lately. If I were on the right bike I would explore the area. You don't have to be afraid to go in there and check it out some time. Let me know if you do.

2 hours ago, Richard_D said:

Bill, I called the Levy County road dept. Buck Island Rd. is public as well as others. All the private hunting roads and areas  are posted . She's not sure you can make it all the way to 95th due to rain and logging companies dumping rock lately. If I were on the right bike I would explore the area. You don't have to be afraid to go in there and check it out some time. Let me know if you do.

Thanks for the intel Rich, that's good news. I'd given up on it, 4 maybe 5 years ago I went in the Buck Island Rd. east entrance and it was gated with a lot of 'private', 'keep out', and 'no trespassing signs'. So I'm guessing that's changed (I almost mentioned it was a possibility but unlikely : ))  It was one of the reasons I started diverting Trans-Fla to other small west coast towns, the silver lining is we have more choices now and keep finding more good stuff to ride on that side of the state. I'll probably check it out in the next few weeks and let you know.