IGNORED

R1100RT instrument cluster light bulbs

Thomas09

Hello friends:

Can somebody provide me with proper info about the light bulb in Instruments panel on BMW r1100rt?

I was told that between instrument panel speedo and techometer and the temp window ( not including all the light for high beam , neutral and signals) are total of 6 light bulb 3 watts and 1.5 watts I also have they long BMW part number that is not much help since I need to know the matching number or how they look in order to get the matching led ones.

Is there anybody that have changed these bulbs and can help with the correct led ones? Any help is highly appreciated.

Sincerely

Thomas

Hello friends:

Can somebody provide me with proper info about the light bulb in Instruments panel on BMW r1100rt?

I was told that between instrument panel speedo and techometer and the temp window ( not including all the light for high beam , neutral and signals) are total of 6 light bulb 3 watts and 1.5 watts I also have they long BMW part number that is not much help since I need to know the matching number or how they look in order to get the matching led ones.

Is there anybody that have changed these bulbs and can help with the correct led ones? Any help is highly appreciated.

Sincerely

Thomas

Evening Thomas

I don't use LEDs in the dash so hopefully someone that has done so can help you.

The 1.7 watt bulb was used in the generator light socket but BMW has changed that to use the 3 watt as "that" bulb current is used to start the alternator charging earlier.

I will caution to not use an LED bulb in the generator light socket due to higher resistance effecting alternator start-of-charge.

I'm not sure if the turn signal bulbs being high resistance LED will effect the flashing or not (someone that has used LED's there can hopefully tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry can you please tell me which is the the exact generator lamp socket on the rt1100?

Hello friends:

Sincerely

Thomas

Evening Thomas

I don't use LEDs in the dash so hopefully someone that has done so can help you.

The 1.7 watt bulb was used in the generator light socket but BMW has changed that to use the 3 watt as "that" bulb current is used to start the alternator charging earlier.

I will caution to not use an LED bulb in the generator light socket due to higher resistance effecting alternator start-of-charge.

I'm not sure if the turn signal bulbs being high resistance LED will effect the flashing or not (someone that has used LED's there can hopefully tell you.

Hello friends:

Sincerely

Thomas

Evening Thomas

Hello friends:

Sincerely

Thomas

Evening Thomas