IGNORED

Hight adjustment

jaycassetta

So I am 5'8” tall and have a 30” inseam. My RT has the seat set on the Low setting and this allows my feet to touch at the balls of my feet. My question is about the Wunderlich Seat Height Adjustment Set. Has anyone used it? Does the front of the seat dip forward a noticable ammount? If you have used this set, did you think it was worth it? Any other thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,

Jay

Well it was a 2018 that I just wrecked when I was hit by a car. I'm not sure if it will be totaled and if I'll get another 2018 or a 2019.

Jay

Jay... I believe that model years at least in '05 and newer can be fitted with a BMW Low Saddle.

My '05 came with a stock seat I had a local builder modify to fit me, and also to have upgraded foam.

The cost of modifications to an OEM seat was far less then a factory Low...

If you live in a town of almost any size there will be a craftsman there to do the job... Think of $100-150... vs $400 or better on an Aftermarket...(just guessing).

Jay, you can always adopt the GS cheek slip when stopped. Slide a cheek off and get better purchase on one foot.

Danny,

I recently sold a KLR650 that I use to do that on and I can lean the RT and be on one foot, but my issue is that I live on a farm with a gravel road and a gravel driveway and I back out of my garage and turn the bike while backing to leave. I was hoping just to get a little better purchase with both feet when backing up.

Jay

Jay

I had an 1150 RT and removed the seat brackets. I made my own out of aluminum and lowered my seat 3/4 of an inch. I never looked under a 1200 seat but just something to consider .

Edited by Richard_D
Consider a park and turn device?

Several out there that allow you to to park bike and turn it around.

I have. The good ones that are sturdy are over $500 and I'm not sure I want it taking up the room in the garage and spend the money. I am thinking of having a concrete pad poured to smooth things out and off a place to work on cars and the bike with my son.

Jay

Consider a park and turn device?

Several out there that allow you to to park bike and turn it around.

I have. The good ones that are sturdy are over $500 and I'm not sure I want it taking up the room in the garage and spend the money. I am thinking of having a concrete pad poured to smooth things out and off a place to work on cars and the bike with my son.

Jay

This is what I use, and it's just $200.

PNM_Standard-300w.jpg

My routine is to ride into the garage and use the device to turn the RT around 180 deg. and ready for the next ride!

http://www.legalspeeding.com/buy.htm

Nothing suggested solves what one does 'in the field' when confronted with conditions that are less than ideal for having only partial footing. BMW also makes a low suspension set up, and if your bike is totaled, I would at least consider this option on your replacement!

Three of us from work found a local cobbler who added height to our boots.

It cost me $60 to get a half inch added and makes for a big confidence boost when putting a foot down.

I'm a shorty (5' 5"), and it's just regular procedure to back bikes up while standing beside them. I stand on the left side, holding both handlebars and using the front brake to control speed when backing up. The trick for me is not to turn my head, rather to take a look backwards before starting, then keep my eyes on the horizon and take my time. If I need to assess, I stop completely, then look, then start again. I'm not a cruiser guy, so pretty much every bike I want to own (or do own) is going to be a tip-toes or balls of the feet situation.