IGNORED

Motorcycle Shipper from Hell

beemerman2k

Francois_Dumas

When I climbed aboard that pickup truck to help undo the ties, I discovered that the gas cap on the RT was WIDE OPEN!!! For how long it was open I have no idea. For all I know, whatever was in the air from Los Angeles to Ellington, CT is now in my gas tank :eek:

Oh darn...….. :-(

OK, until now I spared you all the most horrifying thing about this shipping experience.

When I climbed aboard that pickup truck to help undo the ties, I discovered that the gas cap on the RT was WIDE OPEN!!! For how long it was open I have no idea. For all I know, whatever was in the air from Los Angeles to Ellington, CT is now in my gas tank :eek:

So why was it open at all?!

So that image Tewks shared isn't far off the mark!

So he threw is an internal tank washing at no charge...

OK, the fuel/gas tank work lessens the starting of the bike.

But, please tell us he did oil etc too.

If not I wouldn't be running oil that old.

We had a guy come inwith similar circumstances.

RT towed in, Had sat 10 years.

"Some" work done.

Wanted estimate to get on road.

We did.

"Too much".

Bye.

Came back 2 days later with a big problem.

He rode bike about a mile before it crapped.

His oil looked like asphalt and worked as well.

So, please reveal all magic potions and spells already tried before we angstify too far.

BTW, the windshield is toast. One they go there they're toast. You can ride without it, give it a try.

Best wishes.

beemerman2k

Yes, he did what amounts to as a throttle body sync, fluids and filter change—he's a very good mechanic and did the work on my bike when I lived in LA. Great guy I highly recommend.

Angel City Cycles. His name is, “JR”.

He prepped the bike for a cross country ride back home, but as it turns out, I had to ship it instead.

Edited by beemerman2k
beemerman2k

I always loved the stock shield on this bike. More for wind management as it's too short for me to have to look through it, even when it's all the way up at its highest position I'm looking above it.

Still, I will look to replace it soon.

If you have a windshield, feel free to PM me your price and terms and conditions.

I did a quick read of the entire thread and didn't see this question answered: what is the most reputable motorcycle shipper in the US? Surely there must be a company or doing it right most all the time and so worthy of a great repuation i would think. Thanks in advance I might need this service sometime in the next few years.

Edited by NoelCP
There are a few good large companies - I always recommend haulbikes.

My buyer chose them also.

No complaints.

I had chosen Federal to ship what was going to be my next bike. Hours spent trying to research and several phone calls. Every shipper has complaints. What was the deciding factor for me was a local guy in our club had used Federal 10 times and never had an issue.

Boom! Done deal and payment made.

Then the seller goes all quad-polar and, despite having my money in hand, is trying to back out of the deal. Details coming once the dust is settled.

For Shame!

Lone_RT_rider
Then the seller goes all quad-polar and, despite having my money in hand, is trying to back out of the deal. Details coming once the dust is settled.

Man.... that will knock the shine off a new bike in a heartbeat. :( Sorry to hear that Dave.

Yes.

Update: My account shows the funds have been returned electronically as of late this afternoon. All's well that ends well.

When I climbed aboard that pickup truck to help undo the ties, I discovered that the gas cap on the RT was WIDE OPEN!!! For how long it was open I have no idea.

When I read this, I imagined that Mr. Pickup Shipper misjudged his next petrol stop somewhere in Kansas, and peaked inside your tank to see if he could "borrow" some go juice to limp to the next truck stop. Likely not, but after reading the full ordeal, that image flashed through my head.

Hoping your "old friend" is well on the road to rehab...

Still much work to do before I get settled in and do some real riding on this RT, but it's nonetheless so nice to be back in the saddle again.

_JEG5643-L.jpg