IGNORED

2015 RTLC Schroedies Question???

AdirondackJack

AdirondackJack

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has wired up the Schroedie Roundels. I've figured everything out except which wire on each side of the bike to wire the third wire (blue), which powers up the running light function on the Schroedies. Seems the red Schroedie wire goes to Blue BMW wire, and the black Schroedie wire goes to Orange BMWwire which completes the turning signal function. The question is: what is the best place to pick up a hot feed on the RT for the Blue Schroedie(for the white running light function)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Dave R.

I saw a set in running light mode on a gray colored wethead RT and it looked intriguing. I have a San Marino Blue RT and with the graphics used on that color scheme already making the bike look a little too much like a Star Wars X-wing fighter and I feared that these lights would only enhance that look so I held off on pursuing it. That said, I didn't realize these farkels also has turn indicator flashing, which makes them intriguing again as I could just skip the running light part.

AdirondackJack

Yes. I will post information when I get this done. What I have figured out is that the turning signal thing is very easy. Only challenge with the running light part is finding a switchable hot to run the running light part to without disrupting the canbus. My fail safe plan is to hook them up with the EZ-can. The Schroedie LED's don't draw very much anyway. Will advise when I solve this.

Best,

Dave R.

AdirondackJack

Hey Andy-

I don't have a part number. I simply took the Schroedies off my K1600GT and am in the process of installing them on the RT.

The Schroedies, themselves, are universal and can be installed on any bike. They work particularly well on the BMW's because

the translucent plexiglass disk you mount the roundel on is the exact size of the BMW Roundel. Just search the Schroedies, and

order them from the site in Germany. Sorry I couldn't be more help.