IGNORED

CA-36 Closures

Twisties

"State Route 36W realignment project (west of Dinsmore): Minimal delays from traffic signal expected this week.

REMINDER: Full highway closure schedule expected to begin April 1st: Monday-Thursday (closures between 8am-noon & 1pm-5pm) and Friday (8am - noon & 1pm-3pm)"

All I can find is "Fall 2018". Grr. Well, that's going to be inconvenient for Middle of Nowhere (or whatever it's called, if it's happening) this year.

Talking of which...

When & where are we meeting this year for the "Middle of Nowhere"?

I want to go, but I need to book the dates in my calendar before it gets filled with work stuff.

If it happens it will need to be May 18, 19, 20. I am thinking of moving it. Maybe Ft Bragg or Arcata? Or we could bring it north.

I need to find a venue. Guess I'll run down to Ft Bragg next weekend maybe.

Arcata could be fun. I've never been there...

Fort Bragg sure has lot of lodging and eatery options.

I'm fine with what ever you come up with.

Bill_Walker

Speaking from last year's experience, Ft. Bragg has a nice, efficient walk-in health care facility, and a Motel 6, a Rite-Aid, and a Starbucks in close proximity. I hope not to visit any of them, with the possible exception of the Starbucks, this year. But I'll be doing the same "fly home from Europe, wait a couple of days, then head out on a moto trip" insanity I did last year, so I guess we'll see what happens.

To be fair, as a place to sleep, the M6 was fine (and had an adjacent restaurant/bar). As a place to hang out all day with a fever caused by a sinus infection, it left something to be desired.

Edited by Bill_Walker