Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

1 hour ago, AnotherLee said:

See what rock crawlin's all about if you don't already know. Paul tests his newly built from the ground up crawler which looks to me like something from outer space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ3vw-wjyvU

Wish I could find the quote, but alas, cannot, when Ivan Stewart got the rockcrawling bug, he made a statement to the effect of "rockcrawling is the most difficult driving that he'd ever done".

Inexperienced people should not play with toys they do not understand, nor how to react.  'Twas important enough for this business to have "two" safety supervisors on this guy (may be policy since it's a tourist gig).

• Like 1

Ya, government (Trump, not political, just statement of who agreed with banning the "bumpfire stocks", a stoopid call),....yet, I can use a pencil to achieve the same thing,.....it's all about the push pull.  Accuracy, nope......its spray and pray you're hitting "a" target.  Accuracy on full auto is achieved on bipod but better on tripod.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

AK-47 becomes self-aware and tries to kill everybody at 0:52:

He damn near sprayed across the line, thank God those guys were there to keep him pointed forward.

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Inexperienced people should not play with toys they do not understand, nor how to react.  'Twas important enough for this business to have "two" safety supervisors on this guy (may be policy since it's a tourist gig).

Reminds me of the case a few years back where a 9YO girl lost control of the Uzi she was firing in full-auto and accidentally shot her instructor in the head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Vacca

Joe Frickin' Friday

The British-made Hawker Hunter jet is famous for its "blue note", an eerie howling sound that occurs when the slipstream passes over the gun ports at certain airspeeds:

F-18s do it too - something to do with the engine intakes - but it's not as loud or melodic as the Hunter:

6 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

The British-made Hawker Hunter jet is famous for its "blue note", an eerie howling sound that occurs when the slipstream passes over the gun ports at certain airspeeds:

Not too dissimilar to the screeching of a Junkers Stuka dive bomber in WW II.