IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday

Woodpeckers are tougher than we imagine.  Here's one seen in slow motion:

Interesting.   I was wondering when someone would super-size a drone for carrying people.   

Who flys it, someone on the ground with the remote, or does one of the passengers fly it with the remote?  :dontknow:

Dang I was all set to sign on and then, I did some searching. Thanks William, you dream crusher! :facepalm:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Oh, it is autonomous.   Meh.   Nobody with the remote.control. :ohboy:

Hopefully, it will not get cyber-hacked for nefarious purposes.

I’d need to have a little control, it’s an issue I’m working on. :classic_biggrin: 

Now saying that, a single or dual person commuting machine with nothing to do except drink coffee and surf BMWST on your way into the office might be cool. Probably the design focus anyway. :dontknow:

• Smile 1

Believe it or not, I actually did a little bit of work in between my movie directing duties. :rofl: It was a very hot day! 

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
AnotherLee

Nice editing, Pat.

Why 5 alarms?

I used to listen to police & fire when I lived in the city of Portland (OR). Heard some exciting stuff. e.g. Police: "I need some one with a multi-tool." Answer: "How about a fire truck?"

• Like 1

I believe the fifth was struck for manpower mainly. Four of Lowell’s guys were sent to the hospital with minor injuries and heat exhaustion. Mostly overhauling and a few hotspots is all they left for us. :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, AnotherLee said:

Nice editing, Pat.

Why 5 alarms?

I used to listen to police & fire when I lived in the city of Portland (OR). Heard some exciting stuff. e.g. Police: "I need some one with a multi-tool." Answer: "How about a fire truck?"

That reminds me of listening to the radio chatter while going through the second breach lane during the gulf war.

1st Platoon commander:  "nightstalker, nightstalker, we have a man in a hole"  (nightstalker was the CO's call sign)

Nightstalker:  "What are you going to do lieutenant?"

Tanks:  "we can take care of it"

Nightstalker:  "it's only one man"

Tanks:  "it's only one round"

• Like 3

I saw Kim Lucey there. (realize you don’t know who Kim Lucey is) A quick funny on that, we were sent out during an ice storm a couple years back for a gas meter that was torn from a house by a fallen tree limb. A slow news night I guess because Kim and her camera man were in Tewksbury looking for a story. :dontknow: Anyway, they showed up almost at the same time we did and I asked her who she was and what channel she was with. The look of utter disgust told me right then and there I wasn’t making 7 news that night. :classic_biggrin: 

Not Kim Lucey 

Joe Frickin' Friday

40 MPH with your ass a couple inches off of the pavement?  This looks like dangerously good fun:

• Like 1

Absolute hilarity! I so want to do that!

Loved it when he was flying and all of a sudden three rush past, what the hell? I liked the lawn manicuring path too, that's where I would most likely end up running.

That was exciting as hell.  They sure have good breaks on those things.  Cornering techniques way different than having power.  It'd take some mental adjusting.

This could be a bit graphic for sensitive eyes but this bad guy got what he deserved by an awesomely trained motor cop! :clap: 

• Like 4
Bill_Walker
On 6/11/2021 at 4:31 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

40 MPH with your ass a couple inches off of the pavement?  This looks like dangerously good fun:

That is not your child's Big Wheel!

In particular, the POV rider's trike appears to have handbrakes and freewheel pedals (imagine trying to get your feet back on spinning fixed pedals at 40 mph!).

Joe Frickin' Friday

Apartments in Japan are even smaller than you were led to believe.

Irish people try *new* Irish whiskey:

Martin Angelo:
It's strong, it's sweet, it's a roller coaster. Slaps you in the face, push you to the ground, helps you back up then smacks you again. What more do you want? 10 (out of 10).

Bill_Walker
On 6/17/2021 at 8:57 AM, fourteenfour said:

Weird.  The bike that's designed for an oval track is fastest on the oval track.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 6/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, fourteenfour said:

Lotta nice mods on that car.  The Model S Plaid is a good starting point; you get 1040 horsepower, and you don't lose any of it with altitude.

I guess the siren is necessary to warn bystanders that he's coming through hot?  

This has been out for a while but is a great refresher for those who know, and eye opening for those that don't!!

5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’m pretty sure this was cut up for comedic purposes. I hope! :eek:

Meth is a helluva drug!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
roadscholar

For anyone that thinks they're fast, this is fast : )  Saw it on Viking59's blog and copied from youtube, pretty amazing, has some interesting camera angles too.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, roadscholar said:

For anyone that thinks they're fast, this is fast

Notice the brake calipers...when you really need brakes...Brembo!

• Thanks 1

Yup, that's FAST! Almost makes the GP guys seem like pikers. Maybe just not as insane.

"I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy!!"

And what's with the reverse-action shift lever?   Never been on a race bike, but I have been driven around on the TT course.  So I got that going for me, which is nice.

41 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

what's with the reverse-action shift lever

Most road race bikes are set up that way as it simplifies upshifts and allows gear changes to be made when banked hard over or transitioning side to side, without the riders foot becoming caught under the shift lever. Downshifts are done when the bike is within 15 degrees of vertical so no danger of foot/lever fouling. It does take some getting used to, but is much easier when hustling on track. YMMV

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

And what's with the reverse-action shift lever?   Never been on a race bike, but I have been driven around on the TT course.  So I got that going for me, which is nice.

My HP4 was outfitted with a race shifter prior to me getting it from the dealer.  The previous owner had it installed, but the dealership removed it prior to putting it on the market.

• Like 1
Bill_Walker
On 6/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, roadscholar said:

For anyone that thinks they're fast, this is fast : ) 

It ought to be!  The rider is Peter Hickman, 5-time IoM TT winner and current lap record holder, at an average of 135.452 mph!

39 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

How carburetors work in slow mo.

Who else put one together

Visible V8: Automotive | eBay

• Thanks 1