IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday
Most cats don't maneuver very well when you stick things to their fur or legs.  These cats are surprisingly accommodating:

Joe Frickin' Friday

DanDanTheFireman regularly posts videos in which he provides critical analysis of footage in which other riders could have exercised, um, better judgment.  

Coincidentally, he offers a class called Riding SMART.  

2 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

That guy was out of control.  

A little, but his "anger" comments are wrongly directed.......When I do a move like that guy, I don't get angry at the car driver,....it's totally on me.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

A little, but his "anger" comments are wrongly directed.......When I do a move like that guy, I don't get angry at the car driver,....it's totally on me.  

Exactly. You have to know when you put yourself in a less than ideal situation.

Many of the "close calls" I see on video are due to the rider putting themselves in the situation and not anticipating what could happen. Then it is the other persons fault rather than their own.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, BrianM said:

putting themselves

I believe it’s only one rider in the multiple incidents. 
Not a very sharp individual. 

4 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

The statement was about what I see in general, not just the specific video that was posted.

8 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Why's he not a sharp individual, cause he takes chances with his life?

I think his anger is misplaced, other than that, he's just an aggressive street rider.   Is that bad,....depends on your opinion.

I'd guess that everyone that has ever ridden a motorcycle has put themselves in those same situations(maybe there's one or two that "have never").  The "blind spot" piece on the video, I put myself into nearly daily.  I don't slow down/back off, I wait patiently until there's a gap big enough for me to squeeze through.  I am aware I am in the blindspot, so I know to be looking out for that driver to scoot over, the green truck, meh, plenty of maneuver time and I saw no threat of hitting unless the rider would have sped up.

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Why's he not a sharp individual, cause he takes chances with his life?

Lack of anticipation. 

Let's just say I don't fit well with the atgatt crowd. Or the don't speed in heavy traffic crowd. Or the don't drink and ride crowd.

Pretty much the BMW responsible riders and I don't always match up on ideologies.

In fact, as I was watching the video, most of the scenarios looked pretty familiar.

I may be a bit of an outlier on this site...

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Let's just say I don't fit well with the atgatt crowd. Or the don't speed in heavy traffic crowd. Or the don't drink and ride crowd.

Pretty much the BMW responsible riders and I don't always match up on ideologies.

In fact, as I was watching the video, most of the scenarios looked pretty familiar.

I may be a bit of an outlier on this site...

I think the key is that the rider in the video I shared seems to blame all of his close calls on the drivers around him, and shows no recognition of how his own riding behavior contributed to each of his close calls.  

3 hours ago, Hosstage said:

The world needs bad examples too!

DanDanTheFireman has plenty of other videos on his channel, not just this one.  In some he does in fact point out what riders did right, not just wrong.   Good stuff, there's usually something worthwhile to learn there either way.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

A prank worth of the Blairsville Witch (PG-13 for language):

Sooo, my hearing ain't so good and I didn't hear the guy banging the wrenches (wrong freq's),.....but did see his hands moving, just thought he had parkinson's or something,......until the end when he got close,.....that's when I could see the wrenches and knew what was going on.

Hence the reason why I tell the wife and daughters, "if you hear something wrong with your vehicle, take it somewhere, 'cause I can't diagnose what I can't hear"

Joe Frickin' Friday

50 cal explodes due to hot load.  Video is cued to the event at 4:25, followed by post-incident review in which the shooter explains what happened to the gun and to him:

Ouch!!

9 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

50 cal explodes due to hot load.  Video is cued to the event at 4:25, followed by post-incident review in which the shooter explains what happened to the gun and to him:

Ouch!!! 

When I ran the range in MCLB Albany, Ga, we had a "near" catastrophe.  Shooter on the line, after being taught listen for an audible "pop", which is a squib round, not enough juice to exit the barrel.  Shooter thinks the pistol is "jammed", applies immediate action, with nothing happening.  Calls me over, I ask if he heard a pop, "no", quick inspect the pistol, eject a round, chamber a round, attempt to fire, nothing.  On detailed inspection, looking down at the weapon from the top, you can slightly see the shining of brass,......that's not good.  Completely disassemble the pistol, hold barrel up to the light, and the projectile is in there.  It was lodged just enough to where it wouldn't allow fulling seating of the next round.  Had it been lodged a hair deeper, it woulda been a "boom" event.

Anyway, this guy has a great attitude, even joking about a near fatal event.  Bad things happen, but one must continue on and put a thumb in it.

Joe Frickin' Friday
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

When I ran the range in MCLB Albany, Ga, we had a "near" catastrophe.  Shooter on the line, after being taught listen for an audible "pop", which is a squib round, not enough juice to exit the barrel.  Shooter thinks the pistol is "jammed", applies immediate action, with nothing happening.  Calls me over, I ask if he heard a pop, "no", quick inspect the pistol, eject a round, chamber a round, attempt to fire, nothing.  On detailed inspection, looking down at the weapon from the top, you can slightly see the shining of brass,......that's not good.  Completely disassemble the pistol, hold barrel up to the light, and the projectile is in there.  It was lodged just enough to where it wouldn't allow fulling seating of the next round.  Had it been lodged a hair deeper, it woulda been a "boom" event.

You sure you can't cram a couple more in there?

24 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

You sure you can't cram a couple more in there?

well, before we broke it down we certainly were hitting the back of the slide to ensure it was fully seated

on machine guns, sometimes when you fire them hot enough, itll glow the barrel and you can see the rounds going through. A barrel that hot can also cause a cookoff/runaway gun

AnotherLee

Thai people may be a little behind in infrastructure, but they are undaunted going about their daily lives. Rainy season begins:

Pattaya, a great place to visit!!!!  Some of those shots look like "walking street", but not to sure. 

I'd post pictures, but, well,........

On a similar subject about the Asian and Polynesian people going about their lives.  When typhoon season would hit Okinawa and one had a bead on the island, the 'mericans go in lock down.  We lived on the ninth floor of our building and could see Gushikawa streets.  Little Okinawan women and many men out walking in the full force of a typhoon hitting.  Trees are bending sideways, but still, many are out.  They probably looked at us as "wusses".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
roadscholar

Saw this over on Advrider, the title caught my attention because my first bike was a '62 Vespa 160 GS (in 1962). It's artistic and well done, you can see in a shadow he's holding a phone to film a lot of it, pretty impressive. The backwards cars were a nice trick too, gotta remember that one if I ever get a drone : )

• Like 1

As much as I hate living in spitting distance of a neighbor, I would soooo live in one of the small Italian villages!!!  One of my favorite countries that I have been to.

And I found me some new Techno tunes "Tale of Us".  As soon as the video started, I wondered "who does the music",....not too many comments, so glad he put their name in the credits.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
14 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I love it!   The calm water was a nice touch.

Makes a nice target, too.  Needs some gunnery in the kit.

• Haha 1

Quite a few times I have seen videos of this low rail road bridge (11'8",) but they raised the height to 12'4" (apparently still not high enough!)   The person kept the 11'8" youtube channel; he has had cameras set up to capture these incidents for years.  Classic.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Quite a few times I have seen videos of this low rail road bridge (11'8",) but they raised the height to 12'4" (apparently still not high enough!)   The person kept the 11'8" youtube channel; he has had cameras set up to capture these incidents for years.  Classic.

Been under that bridge many times.  People are stupid.  The Light flashes you are too high and they still hit it.

I've pulled many, many snake skins from my basement garage, some over six feet.  I know, or believe them to be nothing more than rat snakes,......but 'shiver', I don't do snakes,....periodt.  On the living side of the basement, went down on morning and one of the ceiling tiles was drooping (cheep tiles), anyway, I climb the ladder thinking mice/rat have been caught on the glue trap.  Wife is in the basement with me, and when I get up there and shine the light on the trap I came off that ladder quicker than when I was on the ladder that I stacked paint cans in the stairs to support.  Wife had to get the black snake out,.......I don't do snakes!!!

23 hours ago, TSConver said:

Been under that bridge many times.  People are stupid.  The Light flashes you are too high and they still hit it.

Hey look, some truck behind me is too high for this bridge, what an idio.......

Red Jeep needs locking differentials.  If'n you gonna play off road, you need/should have the basics in traction.  Two wheel drive (one front one rear), blah, good for bunny trails.  Also, the red jeep should drop the air pressure to about 10psi.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:42 AM, John Ranalletta said:

When the rescue vehicles might need rescuing...

I've been to the antenna array at the base of this super steep hill many times on my Quad or side by side.  Never had the slightest desire to get on any part of it. It is one of those all or nothing type trails.

John Ranalletta
25 minutes ago, eddd said:

I've been to the antenna array at the base of this super steep hill many times on my Quad or side by side.  Never had the slightest desire to get on any part of it. It is one of those all or nothing type trails.

That's a NFW por moi.

• Like 1

Have to give the driver credit (even though he caused it) for making the boat recovery! He jumped a second too early IMO but, he pulled it off! :thumbsup:

Texas has a boating law that require the driver of any boat under  26 feet to wear an engine kill switch. When you depart the console it kills the engine. Obviously he wasn’t wearing one. Very lucky no one got hurt

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

This was posted here once a long time ago, but it just showed up in my YouTube feed again.  Yeah, it's basically an ad, but it tells a nice story.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

This fellow posts a 1-2 minute video almost every day about science, physics, etc.  I look forward to each one.