IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

9 hours ago, lkraus said:

I'm not convinced it's real time, but seeing video from another planet is still amazing.

This might be more fun to play with, 360º control with scroll wheel zoom.

Fake news!  I'm sure that footage was taken just south east of Tonopah, Nevada.  :5147:

16 minutes ago, AnotherLee said:

Seriously wet:

Ohmigosh,.....Pattaya,....in a freakin' heartbeat, I'd be back there!!!!!!!

Joe Frickin' Friday
3 hours ago, lkraus said:

Looks like somebody changed the settings. I'm guessing it was related to this?

It was hosted by the official Formula One channel, but for some reason they did fiddle with the links.  I edited my post, with a new link that takes you to the same footage.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

It was hosted by the official Formula One channel, but for some reason they did fiddle with the links.  I edited my post, with a new link that takes you to the same footage.

Been a long time since I have seen a fire like that in F1. Amazing the front half of the car whent through the armco. Would have been ugly without the halo.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Introducing the most depressing song ever invented: John Denver's "Country Roads," except it's been autotuned to a minor key.  

Best viewer comment: "This isn't John Denver travelling along a country road to finally reach his home. This is John Denver crouching in a cardboard box in the rain in Downtown LA crying himself to sleep wishing he could see his childhood home one last time."

5 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Introducing the most depressing song ever invented: John Denver's "Country Roads," except it's been autotuned to a minor key.  

Best viewer comment: "This isn't John Denver travelling along a country road to finally reach his home. This is John Denver crouching in a cardboard box in the rain in Downtown LA crying himself to sleep wishing he could see his childhood home one last time."

Ya, I don't get it,.....maybe because I have several John Denver songs on my iphone playlist,.....I dunno.

Don't know if this has been offered up here before.

It's one that I return to every time I need a "pick me up".

Huge Brass Balls on these guys...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Groanup said:

And the Within Temptation background music,.......mmmmm Sharon del Adel.

18 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Ya, I don't get it,.....maybe because I have several John Denver songs on my iphone playlist,.....I dunno.

Have to agree with you there - maybe on better speakers, but listening on my phone it just comes across as a bad recording...

11 minutes ago, BobW03 said:

And here is a Hawaiian version of Country Roads

I've got Iz's greatest hits,.....he is missed!

My favorite from him:

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
14 hours ago, Groanup said:

That's gotta be one of the best montages of the TT.  I just watched it for the Nth time the other day, but didn't think to post it here; thanks for sharing it. 

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 11/30/2020 at 8:14 PM, BrianM said:

Been a long time since I have seen a fire like that in F1. Amazing the front half of the car whent through the armco. Would have been ugly without the halo.

A good reconstruction of the crash here.  It seems the halo did indeed save his life, and there may be room for improvement in the design of that track's fencing.  I wonder whether IndyCar's would have withstood this kind of hit?

14 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

A good reconstruction of the crash here.  It seems the halo did indeed save his life, and there may be room for improvement in the design of that track's fencing.  I wonder whether IndyCar's would have withstood this kind of hit?

Interesting video, pretty much what i figured had happened. Easier to see without the fire. The fact that the driver cell went through the barrier nose first and the driver mostly uninjured by the impact (as opposed to the fire injuries) was telling about the efficacy of the halo. Also amazing how large a fire from a few liters of fuel.

Armco barriers were not designed for the speeds of modern race cars, and especially the pointed shape of formula cars. They were designed for street car safety. Race tracks and race organizations should take a good look at safety barriers, both placement and type. 

As an ex racer I know that racing will never be totally safe, but it can be made safer.

Indy car - have not really seen what their halo looks like, hard to see with the windscreen. I hope they look at this incident and use it to verify the strength of their device.

23 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Naaa.... That thing runs on Hydrazine!!!

A little volatile but I don't recall the ship blowing up in the 70's:19:

Owned several PC's on and off over the last few years....mainly saving them neglected in the owner's garage. Ride them a bit and then pass them on to riders that know what great commuters they are. Great utilitarian M/C's. Not gonna lie about the rear "Ice Chest" ability!!!

• Like 1

These two seem to have a lot in common. They've been together a year - hope they make it. They have chosen a healthy lifestyle - check it out. Here's their most recent offering.

30 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

Now that the robots have learned how to enjoy themselves, humanity is done for.

Two things:

1. The obligatory, "I for one, welcome our new dancing robot overlords!"

2. You know they had to hire a choreographer and dancers to assist. As my wife said, "I seriously doubt there are any software engineers that can dance like that."

• Haha 2

I've been enjoying the adventures of Itchy Boots for the past few months. Noraly has been traveling solo all over the world for a couple years on her Himalayan. Currently she's on an extended break due to travel restrictions, but there are a couple hundred episodes to catch up on.  

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
11 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Now that the robots have learned how to enjoy themselves, humanity is done for.

At 2:18.  Is the robot leaking oil or sweating?