IGNORED

Just passing on the deal

Rougarou

Thanks...ordered.  With all the miles I'm putting on my bike each month (0)… This will come in handy someday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got these from Home Depot. Really nice gloves as good as any "motorcycle" glove I have owned. Gel padding on the palms, double leather, double stitched, Velcro closures and armored backs. Goat hide, not deer or elk, but still very nice. About $12!

husky-work-gloves-ga9615-1-1pk-l-64_1000.jpg

• Like 2

I just saved $50 on  Shoei RF1200 from Jeff at helmetcountry.com using a advrider.com discount. Theoretically the discount is for members of that forum but just knowing about the discount is sufficient as Jeff has no way of knowing if someone is registered there.

• Like 1

That’s a pretty good looking jumpsuit! :grin: :thumbsup: Did you talk about how to avoid the bid snipers? :dontknow: I might toss a bid on that if it doesn’t climb too high.

31 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That’s a pretty good looking jumpsuit! :grin: :thumbsup: Did you talk about how to avoid the bid snipers? :dontknow: I might toss a bid on that if it doesn’t climb too high.

Ya, they be snipers in the goodwill woods, but last night I won a NWT pair of Ariat Boots for $62

7591f287d91cc6ab2.JPG

If'n I was taller, I'd bid on it, but as a L, it ain't me.  I'm a bit vertically challenged,......but I sit fine in coach on any airline

• Haha 1

Yeah same height boat here but for the right price, I may roll up the legs. :grin:

Nice looking boots! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Being relatively new at this I just made my first and probably costly, mistake. :dontknow:

I showed the enemy snipers my position and they've already tightened my circle of movement. I should of kept my head down until the last few minutes of bidding to avoid increasing the size of the intended rescue target. The noise created by the early engagement has brought excitement to the area and I fear my position may be overrun by competing forces looking to seize on the same objective. :D

This bidding stuff is kind of fun! :lurk: :thumbsup: :rofl:

.........or............YOU could be one of the snipers.  Just sayin'

Actually, you may wanna be careful about that...   if you know what I mean. Don't ask.  Won't tell.  :4907:

No, not enough time at this to become a sniper. Trying to avoid their fatal shot is best I can hope for. ;)

• Like 1

image.png.2bbed969634af055415d8a92bd6b2c79.png

If you really want to be a sniper you can always sign up.

I don't need anything that bad to pay somebody to pay my stuff.

Wanna hear a funny one. I was in the process of bidding last night and princess 10 Y/O caught wind of what I was doing.

Her reaction “do you know what goodwill shopping is”

Me “yeah it’s mostly used items for sale sometimes at great prices” 

Her “you’re not going to wash that in our washing machine are you?”

Oh, to grow up spoiled! :ohboy:

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Wanna hear a funny one. I was in the process of bidding last night and princess 10 Y/O caught wind of what I was doing.

Her reaction “do you know what goodwill shopping is”

Me “yeah it’s mostly used items for sale sometimes at great prices” 

Her “you’re not going to wash that in our washing machine are you?”

Oh, to grow up spoiled! :ohboy:

Haha, when living on base, I was a dumpster diver, not for lack of funds to purchase, simply 'cause Marines throw away good shit.  I've got microwaves, irons, ironing boards, TVs, clothes, footwear, my youngest daughter never had a new powerwheels jeep, but she did have four of them all working along with a Peg Perego Jeep and a Harley bike,.....the best stuff comes when a Marine moves or deploys (unit dumpsters are gold mines of goodies).

One time in Okinawa, we lived in a nine story complex and would have to bring our trash down to the "trash room".  While dropping off our stuff, I come across a nice set of black casual boots.  Upon examining said boots, I find the soles were barely worn and the leather looked good, so, I snatch them up.  My daughter was all "ewwwww"......I get upstairs, my wife was "ewwwwww",.....I grab the lysol, spray a bit and I gots me a new to me pair of boots!!  I've done that quite a few times.

• Like 1
szurszewski

Our first apartment, in a big complex, was nextdoor to an ever bigger much fancier complex. Seems like at least half the units were short term furnished corporate leases. Similar finds of crazy good practically new stuff alongside the dumpsters there all the time - way nicer than our stuff. (Well, until it became our stuff - that was twenty years ago and we still use some high end bakeware we picked up there). 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

Our first apartment, in a big complex, was nextdoor to an ever bigger much fancier complex. Seems like at least half the units were short term furnished corporate leases. Similar finds of crazy good practically new stuff alongside the dumpsters there all the time - way nicer than our stuff. (Well, until it became our stuff - that was twenty years ago and we still use some high end bakeware we picked up there). 

Don't think for a moment that I won't stop and pick something up.  I'm no hoarder, but if it's good, it's good.  I do on occasion go down to my company's dumpster to take a peak inside......I've got a few shelving units at the house from there.

8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

She smiles.. :grin: 

What else can you do?  It didn't hit her.  Kinda like when you crash and burn on a bike, get up, realize you ain't dead, it's a funny.

When shrapnel is raining down on armored personnel carrier, you keep playing Uno inside.  When the boom of the rocket exploding is less than 10 meters from your building, you keep the brief going, when the tracers are flying in front of your position, you watch like it's independence day.

In '91 I was watching another Marine walking toward us, a few feet in front of him, the sand "kicked" up a bit,.......odd, he saw it too and bent at the spot, started moving the sand around and came up with a projectile from an AK.  What goes up, must come down, if he would have been two seconds faster, that ball round would have landed in him.......the damnedest thing when you flipped off Death.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

What else can you do?  It didn't hit her.  Kinda like when you crash and burn on a bike, get up, realize you ain't dead, it's a funny.

One correction...when your buddy crash and burns and ain't dead, it's funny! :grin: I get your point though. :thumbsup:

Climbed just above my comfort zone for chancing the fit. I may toss one more though. :5146:

Edit....Out bid at $275, must be in the threes like you mentioned.;)

Edit again...min bid is $303.00 right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, lkraus said:

Thanks, I guess. 

Somehow, even with Prime, that $4 bottle led to a few other small items and a total of $65.00.

:classic_ohmy:

I got so much junk in my cart as save for later and stuff on the wish list,.......just waiting, patiently waiting for the magical price drop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Black Friday deal November 18th through December 9th on Michelin tires.... $40 gift card back more or less on two tires but if you bundle sets or buy a set of car tires the card could be $80 or $120.

Here it is:

• Like 1

More than $304.00.  Such a random number to stop at but being a couple sizes too big, I figured that was enough. :dontknow: It sure does look very unused! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...