IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC

Indy Dave

SSTwin - Gald you both can join us :clap:

Hope Bernie lets me "tag along", :Cool: and the fact that Ken is going to be there made it made it an easy decision for Joanne!! :grin:

Joanne should be verrrry happy. We usually have two or three Kens floating around :dance:

Ken - No need to be so coy, YES, I will be there too! Ken and I are quite often confused for each other (both on the bike and off)! :ohboy::shake:

2018%20START%20Blowing%20rock%20attending%20rev%20April%208.jpg

whos20coming20to20dinner20collage20420april208.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Although not nearly as exciting as Va-58.ðŸ˜
What are you talking about ... US-58 is a fantastic road! Well, except the eastern half, which is the section I know you love. One of the suckiest roads to ride on, unless you like speed traps. I have two awards on that road.

Just realized that I had not checked in, but I will be arriving Thursday along with others from the Florida panhandle.

Great Ron. Don't forget to leave some lights on for Highway 41 when you leave!

Edited by workin' them angels

Along with Ron-M, I plan to attend (as well as several of the usual suspects from the Florida panhandle). We'll arrive Thursday as we're taking the long way round' through AL, GA, TN, KY, WV, VA, NC...

I've been IN since October 31, but I don't see my name listed. Arriving Wednesday.

Bud T.

Charlotte, NC

2016 R1200RT

I am looking for someone with a two bed room, and wanting to share costs. If anyone has a bed available, please PM me, thanks.

Looking more and more likely that I will attend START this year. I've sent in meal money but because the venue is booked, will need to stay somewhere else. Recommendations for another hotel/motel nearby?

TIC, TIC TIC, Healing, TIC TIC TIC, Shoulder please get better soon.

Right now I think I am better than 50/50 of making the START on my bike. :clap: I have one muscle on my back that knots up like a fist. I think it's mad at me. I swear it's shaking a fist at me, and saying very bad things! :dopeslap:

I have found a room mate thanks.

Alan

Lone_RT_rider

Amen brother! I hope your feeling 100% very soon. But promise me that if your hurting, you will take the cage please! I would rather have you safe and sound and at START, than not.

Shawn

Right now I think I am better than 50/50 of making the START on my bike. :clap: I have one muscle on my back that knots up like a fist. I think it's mad at me. I swear it's shaking a fist at me, and saying very bad things! :dopeslap:

I have found a room mate thanks.

Alan

Great news, but if you are having trouble, come in the fourwheeler. You have good reasons.

Blind Squirrel

Things have taken a turn for the worse. In addition to the lodging dilemma, I have a project at work that has cropped up. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but I am not packing my bags either.

RandyShields

What??!! I am shocked l say. Shocked. As a further inducement, I will up my offer to TWO free drinks. Or, alternatively, one drink on me at every dinner you attend.

ADMINISTRIVIA

We're two weeks away from Nirvana in Blowing Rock! :dance:

That means we're 5 days from the Meal Sign Up deadline. Please take a minute to make your arrangements to join us Friday night. Please also remember to select "Sending money to friends/Family" so we aren't charged a fee (and neither are you) for your dinner payment. The $21.00 meal price is the actual cost of the meal - if you select buying goods and services on Paypal, Paypal deducts a fee from your payment that we have to make up out of our own pocket.

Meal details are below.

Here's the confirmed Dinner list so far:

b0915dd4-05da-4240-bcce-16cc49250967.jpg

Meal Details and Payment info:

201820meal20annoncement20rev2055.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Just a reminder that the BRP Is closed at the Linn Cove Viaduct due to road re-surfacing and is currently closed between MP 276-280 due to mud/rock slide, this is very close to Blowing Rock. Check your routes if they are using the BRP..

Just a reminder that the BRP Is closed at the Linn Cove Viaduct due to road re-surfacing and is currently closed between MP 276-280 due to mud/rock slide, this is very close to Blowing Rock. Check your routes if they are using the BRP..

Thank you for the update. Going to stick to US221 until I get a notice that BRP is open again.

More fun anyway.

I am still looking for a bed. preferably someone that has two double or two queen beds and needs a roommate. Please PM me thanks.

ADMINISTRIVIA

There are currently 3 standard rooms available at the Meadowbrook!

Tick......tick......tick......

Is it time yet????

449d5-spiral2bclock.jpg

Time is a spiral, space is a curve

I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve!

Is it time yet????

449d5-spiral2bclock.jpg

:thumbsup::clap:

2018%20START%20Blowing%20rock%20attending%20rev%20April%209.jpg

whos20coming20to20dinner20collage20420april208.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Is it time yet????

/quote]

Time and motion

Wind and sun and rain

Days connect like boxcars in a train . . .

Someone needs to speed up this clock - but be sure to slow it wayyyyy down in 10 days or so :old::bike::burnout:

Someone needs to speed up this clock - but be sure to slow it wayyyyy down in 10 days or so :old::bike::burnout:

Due to the weather, I haven't been able to get my bike out of the garage. My first ride of the year might be to START

Due to the weather, I haven't been able to get my bike out of the garage. My first ride of the year might be to START

I hate it when that happens!

I hate it when that happens!

The couple days I might have been able to ride I had other commitments I couldn't avoid. Riding south isn't a bad way to start the season though.

Lone_RT_rider
Riding south isn't a bad way to start the season though.

if we can actually get South. Anything but the end of April is dicey at best

Riding south isn't a bad way to start the season though.

if we can actually get South. Anything but the end of April is dicey at best

If I have to, I will rent a trailer to get there. I really need to get out of here for a few days. Actually, if I can get out of here, I don't have to worry too much about getting back. Our oldest son lives in Cincinnati, and I can stay there on the way back until the weather is decent.

It's snowing today in Clarksvllle. :ohboy:

Ed's Tagalong - Welcome and happy to have you returning.

Would you do us MidWestern Types a favor and send some of your warm temps back up this-a-way? We've been teased and bullied for the last 4 weeks or so after having a week or more of Spring Temps.

"It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"

BMWST's own EffBee's post under "2018 Board Donor List on 4/6/18 says we are at 94% of this year's goal.

If you have not done so yet, suggest you take a look at the post on the first Forum on the Board "Important Board Announcements" and donate if you can. :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds
We will be there Wednesday. Looking

forward to it!

Woo Hoo! Glad you and Ken can join us Kate!!

Time is running out for dinner registration!

Edited by Indy Dave

Once again, we've broken the START/FART record! :clap::clap::Yes:

Now, about those dinner reservations you've been meaning to make! Please, send your $21 per person now to: startfarting@gmail.com and save Yours Truly from sending a Mother Lode of PM's. I'll even re-post the meal info just in case you've missed it. Thanks!

Your Obedient Servant

201820meal20annoncement20rev2055.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Once again, we've broken the START/FART record! :clap::clap: :yes

Didn't this thing used to start on Thursdays? :S Folks are going to start showing up on Tuesdays. :revit:

Didn't this thing used to start on Thursdays? :S Folks are going to start showing up on Tuesdays. :revit:

I have nothing but thanks and praise for those that put in the time and effort to organize the El Paseo's and all the other BMWST events here on the East coast. However, the START's and FART's that Craig, Ken and Dave have coordinated over the past few years have truly been a fantastic blend of fellowship, great locations and routes to ride. All the rest of us simply show up for a fantastic event that I would not want to spend just a weekend at!

:thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider

I have nothing but thanks and praise for those that put in the time and effort to organize the El Paseo's and all the other BMWST events here on the East coast. However, the START's and FART's that Craig, Ken and Dave have coordinated over the past few years have truly been a fantastic blend of fellowship, great locations and routes to ride. All the rest of us simply show up for a fantastic event that I would not want to spend just a weekend at!

:thumbsup:

Bob, since you really didn't answer the question I will take a stab at it. The original event (El Paseo) was a weekend event that started Friday night. Over the years through BRR, Helenback, START, FART and whatever this morph's into in the future it has extended into a long weekend. I love making it for as many days as I can. Once I get there, I never want to leave. Every time I see these jokers, it's like coming home to family. :)

This one will be bitter sweet. I am coming....that's the sweet part. :) It's only bitter because there is only so much vacation in the year. I have this one pinned back to a Friday arrival because of that vacation time limitation.

Tick....tick.....tick...... :D

Yes, it used to be a long weekend event, but because the roads and sights are so terrible in that general area, some of us decided to make it a longer event.

So to let the cat out of the bag, there will be a Pre-START meeting held on Tuesday night in Franklin, NC at the Microtel Inn & Suites.

Some of us are actually naming this a Post-FART Event, but that is another story.

If you are needing to get out of the house sooner or if you are trying to avoid a weather front and can't figure out what to do, join us on Tuesday night in Franklin, NC.

I can even provide you with a route to Blowing Rock from Franklin.

Also remember arriving on Thursday (in my situation) means late around 9pm. I will work Thursday and leave a little early around 4:30pm, beat traffic out of Atlanta and head up to Blowing Rock. So yes I am "arriving" on Thursday, but really only riding Friday - Sunday. I am sure there are others who maybe doing the same. As for those people that do have enough vacation time to arrive on Wednesday, I just do not talk to them :-) jealousy is such an ugly character trait :-)

I don't get to ride roads like this very often. It's almost 1500 miles round trip for me to go to these events. If I'm going to ride that far to get there and home again, I'd like a little longer time to ride down there. Two days just doesn't seem like enough.