IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC

Indy Dave

Showing up with Lone_RT_rider; he's this guy I met on the internet. I hope everything goes OK.

Don't know much about him but I read on the internet that he was run out of South Carolina... :grin:

Edited by Chris K
Lone_RT_rider

Showing up with Lone_RT_rider; he's this guy I met on the internet. I hope everything goes OK.

Don't know much about him but rumor has it that he was run out of South Carolina...

Unless you want to get on Suzanna's bad side and get me banned from all BMWST.com events, I would suggest you amend that statement. Remember, she came with me. Last time I checked, she still bleeds orange and purple.

I am not sure I will be healed in time to make the Start. BUT if I can does anyone need a roommate. I am 7 weeks into my ribs healing and 5 weeks for my shoulder surgery. I have another 4-1/2 weeks to go. Physical Therapy is going well, painful but well. This is a good maybe for me, so if you need a roommate let me know.

Now if I can get my bike back from Craig's :rofl:

I am not sure I will be healed in time to make the Start. BUT if I can does anyone need a roommate. I am 7 weeks into my ribs healing and 5 weeks for my shoulder surgery. I have another 4-1/2 weeks to go. Physical Therapy is going well, painful but well. This is a good maybe for me, so if you need a roommate let me know.

Has he cut you in on his GSA bike rental business?

:rofl: :rofl:

Alan - we hope you can make it even if you are not up to riding by then.

He's not buying any of that. Even wants me to take it to the dealer and get it fixed for him! Ugh! Some people, I swear! :rofl:

Good news: Got clearance from the Mrs. for this!

Bad news: The Inn is currently sold out.

I'm on the waiting list to see if anyone drops out. If so, the Inn will call me. So, i'm in if I can get a room. Arrive Thursday, depart Sunday. (That Saturday is my b-day!)

Early birthday present - PM sent about std room.

terryofperry
We're a month out from Blowing Rock and here is a link to the START 2018 Routes.

Note: Route 1 goes to Shatley Springs and they said they will be very busy on Saturday, so you may want to ride that route on another day to avoid crowds.

Ride Safe

Downloaded, installed & viewed. Ken, you have outdone yourself this time, these are awesome. Thank you for the time and effort, much appreciated.

Terry

We're a month out from Blowing Rock and here is a link to the START 2018 Routes.

Note: Route 1 goes to Shatley Springs and they said they will be very busy on Saturday, so you may want to ride that route on another day to avoid crowds.

Ride Safe

Thank you very much for posting the routes for the event.

Thanks for all the time and effort you spend on providing us with some very entertaining routes.

This set of routes are more improved then previous. I am not sure if it is a technic you are using or something Garmin and BaseCamp have done.

But recalculating the routes has been very smooth. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to explore some of the new to me roads.

See you in a few weeks. :wave:

Let me also add my thanks to Ken for the routes posted above. We all know that this sort of thing takes time, patience, and attention to detail. I've just downloaded them, and imported them into Basecamp. All I have to do is load them onto my GPS (and actually ride them in a month's time).

Edited by marcopolo

Just a reminder - While we will occasionally still have the random updated informational slide post within this START thread - we also have all updated and current information posted on the first post of this thread for easy planning and access. :beer:

Here's a condensed shot of what you'll find and how things look like at the first post. Well, except you won't need glasses to read it. :old::ohboy:

30 days and counting :bike:

Screenshot-2018-3-20%20Spring%20Tune-up%20Appalachian%20Riding%20Tour%20START%20-%20Blowing%20Rock%20NC.jpg

Edited by workin' them angels

Out, darn it :cry:. Wife applied for tickets to the Antique Roadshow to be held here in Tulsa on the 21st. Over 22,000 entries with only 1700

available tickets so what were the chances? She won !! Oh well, happy wife happy life. :thumbsup:

Reservation canceled and next person on the list will get the room.

I will see ya'll at the UN. :wave:

Out, darn it :cry:. Wife applied for tickets to the Antique Roadshow to be held here in Tulsa on the 21st. Over 22,000 entries with only 1700

available tickets so what were the chances? She won !! Oh well, happy wife happy life. :thumbsup:

Reservation canceled and next person on the list will get the room.

I will see ya'll at the UN. :wave:

Sorry to read this. Was my only chance to see you this year.

Take care/have fun!

Marty

Sorry to hear Mr Zoom that you are not going to make it this spring.

Maybe you can make FART.

Routes are loaded on the GPS and new tires are mounted.

Need a 6K service and then it's time to pack. :wave:

That's what we call clean living up this way.

Great news Foot. See you soon!

But....your GS is rented that weekend 😳

We're takin' foot's GSA to him tomorrow. A bit of time in the shop, a bit of time workin' out, and Alan will be there with bells on.

But....your GS is rented that weekend 😳

We're takin' foot's GSA to him tomorrow. A bit of time in the shop, a bit of time workin' out, and Alan will be there with bells on.

And his Doctor will not receive Alan's keys, Mike. And a little mouse told me that Alan was riding his dirt bike today. :lurk:

I met Craig at Pandora's and got my bike back for 50ft!! The bike went into the shop for the 2 recalls, which they finished before I left. Since I can drive my car and bike at the same time, I will pick it up Tuesday. I am so ready to start riding again!

I met Craig at Pandora's and got my bike back for 50ft!! The bike went into the shop for the 2 recalls, which they finished before I left. Since I can drive my car and bike at the same time, I will pick it up Tuesday. I am so ready to start riding again!

:clap::thumbsup:

Good news. :clap:

Does this mean you'll be leaving your broom and hat at home?

foot%202.jpg

Sorry to hear, Scout, heal up and please join us at FART this Fall. Hope you're doing well.

As of 8pm last night, there were two rooms available:

1 Double Queen Standard room

and

1 King Deluxe

Great news.

:clap:

Well, as of a few minutes ago there is only a Deluxe King remaining.

We're IN! Thurs-Sun. Cant wait!

Great news that you and Terry along with Alan will be able to attend! :thumbsup: It simply would not be the same kind of event without you all in attendance!! :clap:

Good on you!!! :clap: Glad to hear you will be back on the bike and terrorizing most of the states in the South! :wave:

markgoodrich

Out. Canceling my room with two beds. Will wait until tomorrow in case there's a way to transfer to someone else.....reply here.

Thanks, Bob. We're sooooo looking forward to this ... even more than we usually do. FART 2017 seems so long ago now. I interviewed for my new job on the Friday of FART. Since then I've moved, started this job, Hoontang helped me find a house to lease for a year, Terri signed off at her VA Beach job, then we did our household move, the VA Beach house sold, and we are now getting settled into our new digs and new routines.

As always it'll be great to see everyone ... folks we never get to see enough. However, this time we have the added benefit of having great day rides to and from the event!

Edited by TyTass
Out. Canceling my room with two beds. Will wait until tomorrow in case there's a way to transfer to someone else.....reply here.

Aww Mark! Sorry START won't work out, here's hoping you will make FART in the Fall. I'll be refunding your dinner payment.

Looks like I'm in, got notice of a room available this weekend, and work schedule still looks good the week of START! Yay! Will be trailering in Wed, with my wife Joanne, staying till Sunday AM. Looking forward to catching up with many of you and making new friends.

Hope Bernie lets me "tag along", :Cool: and the fact that Ken is going to be there made it made it an easy decision for Joanne!! :grin:

Hope Bernie lets me "tag along", :Cool: and the fact that Ken is going to be there made it made it an easy decision for Joanne!! :grin:

Joanne should be verrrry happy. We usually have two or three Kens floating around :dance:

I am coming in Thu, 19 Apr. If there is anyone in the Waynesboro, VA area that will be on the BRP heading South, let me know. Plan on riding into BR via the BRP from Waynesboro.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Medic Mike
I am coming in Thu, 19 Apr. If there is anyone in the Waynesboro, VA area that will be on the BRP heading South, let me know. Plan on riding into BR via the BRP from Waynesboro.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, I'm heading for the DC area from CT Wednesday night and was looking at doing a good part of the parkway. If you want, PM your number and let's try to make some plans to ride together.

**   Chris   **

I did my semimonthly login. I realized I better pay for Dinner, done.

I downloaded the routes. Then realized all my garmin software is on my semidead computer. It's downloading mapping updates right now, but it will probably go TU before it finishes.

Even if it finishes successfully, I hope to follow Bernie!

See everyone in a few weeks.

Even if it finishes successfully, I hope to follow Bernie!

See everyone in a few weeks.

Looking forward to catch up you and you are welcome to tag along.

See you in few weeks.