IGNORED

Rant / Rave space

elkroeger

Anything piss you off today? Or did someone make your day? Rant or rave about it here. I'll go first:

Prior to my employment at my current job, these two idiots couldn't get a pneumatic piston to work. So one of these brainiacs jumped up and down on the metal gate and bent it all up. Then I guess they just walked away. Not only was it still inoperable, but they made it worse and left it. I've been dealing with it for 7 months now.

It's at the bottom of a 62000 gallon fish tank, so it's quite inaccessible most of the time. Today I had an opportunity, so I took it apart, removed the bent piece (about 1' x 3', 3/16 stainless steel) and took it to my local metal fabricator. He put it in this big 40 ton (?) press, and worked his magic. In 10 minutes, it's almost like it was never damaged. No charge. I looked at the guy, and said "Man, if you weren't so ugly, I'd kiss you!" He says "Good, because then I'd have to blacken your eye and charge you on top of it."

New piston, new fittings, un-bent gate, the whole thing works as advertised now.

Dude really made my day. :thumbsup:

Edited by elkroeger

2 of 4 grandsons spending week, waking up, made my day.

Taking all 4 to the beach tomorrow.

:Cool:

Sometimes life is too short to give others power to disrupt it, but BTDT too.

:wave:

beach with the grandkids. AWESOME.

It was.

Pouring rain gave way to beautiful sunshine, breaking waves, sand castles, and ice cream.

:Cool:

Somebody has to do it.

:wave:

So as you may known from another post, my father's WWII buddy had a flag company. Long story short (or go read it), his grandson now owns it and worked with my wife to replace the flag we received from Dad via that company. (confused - sorry, the other thread fills in the gaps)

Well I was so touched by the fact that the grandson knew my father and worked with my wife that I wrote him an email stating the best gift was the history and personal touch that came with this new flag. Well the grandson wrote back with a very nice email and said, "if you don't have any pictures of your Dad on Tinian to let him know and he would send them."

All I can say is I am thrilled to catch up on some of my Dad's life.

On the way back home from Colorado a couple of weeks ago, we stopped at a Holiday Inn Express in Independence, MO. When the desk clerk heard that a hail storm was on the way, he call the room and said we should put the bikes under the front canopy to keep them from getting damaged.

Customer service still lives!

On the way back home from Colorado a couple of weeks ago, we stopped at a Holiday Inn Express in Independence, MO. When the desk clerk heard that a hail storm was on the way, he call the room and said we should put the bikes under the front canopy to keep them from getting damaged.

Did you do an emergency tracheatomy in the parking lot? :spittake:

Did you do an emergency tracheatomy in the parking lot? :spittake:

Not that I remember. :wave: