IGNORED

Mustangs are cool!

TEWKS

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for pony cars. Not practical

for me but ones like that sure look great.

If I ever win mega millions the new garage would be 100' x 100'

and I'd fill it with "cool"cars and bikes. :wave:

I am not far from starting on my 1965 Mustang GT that I have owned since 1978. I will have modern suspension, brakes, steering.

And the engine from a late model Mustang GT!!!!!!!

450+ horsepower with no real modifications, 25+ mpg on a trip!

That sounds like it's going to be awesome, now, maybe not as awesome as your realshelby but still awesome! Hmm..was that too many awesomes? :grin: When you're done, pics or it didn't happen. ;):grin:

Pat

szurszewski
I am not far from starting on my 1965 Mustang GT that I have owned since 1978. I will have modern suspension, brakes, steering.

And the engine from a late model Mustang GT!!!!!!!

450+ horsepower with no real modifications, 25+ mpg on a trip!

I got to drive this around the "neighborhood" earlier this summer, and realized I'd forgotten how to drive a car without power steering!

34825142962_89e81e930a_z.jpg

(Or at least it took me a lap around the block and a near encounter with a mailbox to remember you need to do it differently...)

It was great, but when I asked the owner who was driving from NY to FL the next day if he was taking the GT, he said - Hell no! I'd probably take it anyway, but I can see where he'd want it set up like you're planning - AC would probably be nice too!

I got to drive this around the "neighborhood" earlier this summer, and realized I'd forgotten how to drive a car without power steering!

(Or at least it took me a lap around the block and a near encounter with a mailbox to remember you need to do it differently...)

It was great, but when I asked the owner who was driving from NY to FL the next day if he was taking the GT, he said - Hell no! I'd probably take it anyway, but I can see where he'd want it set up like you're planning - AC would probably be nice too!

Don't know if that is a "real" Shelby, but that is a 1965 GT 350 with the correct fiberglass hood, Raydot mirror, correct side stripe, correct side exit exhaust, optional Cragar wheels, correct roll bar. Could be a very early 1966 holdover ( built with leftover 1965 parts ) but I don't know if they made it out with side exit exhaust.....

szurszewski

Don't know if that is a "real" Shelby, but that is a 1965 GT 350 with the correct fiberglass hood, Raydot mirror, correct side stripe, correct side exit exhaust, optional Cragar wheels, correct roll bar. Could be a very early 1966 holdover ( built with leftover 1965 parts ) but I don't know if they made it out with side exit exhaust.....

If you go to our ADV thread there's a pic with a bit of interior. I don't know if it's real or not either - it belongs to the my wife's best friend's husband's dad (whew!) and I thought it would be impolite to ask as he is VERY proud of it. (And I don't know really anything about them other than what I have read online.)

Here's the link to that post:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/bakery-quest-a-year-hacking-the-us-with-our-kid-and-dogs.1180951/page-35#post-32369546

The shift "knob" seemed a bit odd to me - it was a Hurst style grip shifter that had some sort of "trigger" on it - only the trigger wasn't actually movable. Anyway, it was fun as hell to drive, and to the unknowledgeable guy that I am, that's the important bit.