IGNORED

Repaint

Pointwithinacircle

Pointwithinacircle

I'm wondering if anyone here has had their bike repainted a different color and how much it cost. The BMW color palette is rather limited and I tend to prefer colors that are somewhat bolder.

I'm not talking about repainting a new bike, but I might get a reasonable deal on a bike in the 07 - 09 range, especially if I was willing to overlook a few cosmetic flaws. (my other option would be to overlook those servo brakes and buy a red 06) :grin:

Also, if anyone knows about this, Should I get the bike painted as is or should I remove the parts I want painted and reassemble them after it is done.

Thanks to all you knowledgeable forum members.

You would need to remove parts to be painted if you want it to look right. Any local body shop with a good reputation should be able to do the job with no issues.

Here's an idea for ya. ;)

390059979_nhTAo-M.jpg

Pat

Edited by TEWKS
Doug_Baliko

I just had my bike wrapped. A lot cheaper than paint, looks fantastic, protects the paint, and is totally removable if you decide to sell and the color that you pick isn't to a buyers liking. Mine cost under $1000 to get wrapped, although my installer told me that he probably wouldn't do another RT for the same money. But I did have him do areas that took a lot of time, like the dash. I used a quality Avery Dennison vinyl Wrap. There are literally 100 colors and finishes to pick from. I used a matte green with carbon fiber black trim. I think that it came out great.

I would post pictures but photobucket screwed me over, and I haven't found another image hosting site yet. But I'll email you images if you send me your email address.

I have posted images on the MOA website here:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?89546-Im-having-my-RT-wrapped-please-help-with-the-color/page3

Doug

Edited by dbaliko
Doug_Baliko
You would need to remove parts to be painted if you want it to look right. Any local body shop with a good reputation should be able to do the job with no issues.

Here's an idea for ya. ;)

390059979_nhTAo-M.jpg

Pat

This looks great. But it's probably a $5000 paint job if you wanted to do something like this.

Doug

Edited by dbaliko
szurszewski
I just had my bike wrapped. A lot cheaper than paint, looks fantastic, protects the paint, and is totally removable if you decide to sell and the color that you pick isn't to a buyers liking. Mine cost under $1000 to get wrapped, although my installer told me that he probably wouldn't do another RT for the same money. But I did have him do areas that took a lot of time, like the dash. I used a quality Avery Dennison vinyl Wrap. There are literally 100 colors and finishes to pick from. I used a matte green with carbon fiber black trim. I think that it came out great.

I would post pictures but photobucket screwed me over, and I haven't found another image hosting site yet. But I'll email you images if you send me your email address.

I have posted images on the MOA website here:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?89546-Im-having-my-RT-wrapped-please-help-with-the-color/page3

Doug

Doug's bike pic lifted from MOA:

35435196023_d01fdd4704_z.jpg

This is a great idea! My son-in-law had his BMW X5 wrapped in a gunmetal gray. It looks fantastic and looks exactly like it did when first put on the vehicle over a year ago.

I am wondering if Joel (Slumgullion) business has done any motorcycles?

Edited by Endobobdds