IGNORED

Any way to track service history??

Bubbadozer

I have been posting questions here over the past couple weeks, and I really appreciate all the guidance I have received. I bought my 96 R1100RSL without any service records. I'm pretty sure the bike originated in California. I'm in Washington State.

I am trying to figure out if there is anyway I can find any service history on this old gal. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Any dealer can use the VIN to see who the SELLING dealer was.

You will also find out if there are any open bulletins or recalls.

Then you contact that dealer service department and see if you can get any service info .

Many dealers won't divulge service records but its possible you'll get a helpful service manager who can give to some highlights.

If the previous owner took it elsewhere or did or didn't do the servicing himself, you are out of luck.

If you got a service book with the bike, there could be clues on services performed and where.

Well, I lucked out in that I called the Seattle BMW shop, which is the closest one to me and found out it was purchased there and had extensive service history. The service department told me that it had every recommended service at the proper intervals until 2005, where it had 66K miles. Unfortunately they could not give me a copy of the service done, because of previous owners private info on records.

Now, 12 years later and oly 22K miles more, is the only gap The bike runs and rides good. ONly thing I can find is the RH grip warmer does not work, because the two wires broke off of the actual warmer element on the bar and will need to be replaced and the front brake Bobbins, which I have on order from Dan Cata.

Looking forward to lots of more miles from this bike. BTW, any idea if I need to by the OEM element to replace the grip warmer or is there a aftermarket that I can splice into the wiring pn the RH handlebar?

Thanks once again in advance,

Cheers

Edited by Bubbadozer
BTW, any idea if I need to by the OEM element to replace the grip warmer or is there a aftermarket that I can splice into the wiring pn the RH handlebar?
Bubba - check your PM's.