IGNORED

Looking for a mentor in upstate NY to asist w/valve adj'mnt 1150RT

Zbeemerhead

Zbeemerhead

I have a beloved 04R1150 RT with dual plugged heads that has in the past, been serviced at dealership but I've always wanted to learn proper method of adjusting my own valves...w/o destroying the girl !

Checking this oilhead forum to see if by chance, there's a somewhat local journeyman RT mechanic that's willing to teach a fairly mechanically inclined BMW brother/apprentice, 'the ropes' in doing the deed righteously...

I'm located 1/2 way between Utica & Watertown ,N.Y.

* thanks in advance for any referrals out there !

I have a beloved 04R1150 RT with dual plugged heads that has in the past, been serviced at dealership but I've always wanted to learn proper method of adjusting my own valves...w/o destroying the girl !

Checking this oilhead forum to see if by chance, there's a somewhat local journeyman RT mechanic that's willing to teach a fairly mechanically inclined BMW brother/apprentice, 'the ropes' in doing the deed righteously...

I'm located 1/2 way between Utica & Watertown ,N.Y.

* thanks in advance for any referrals out there !

Morning Zbeemerhead

Hopefully someone local will be able to help you out.

If not & you can wait for a while then there are a number of us BMW riders with enough technical background to help that attend the Labor Day weekend "Finger Lakes" rally.

Eckhard Grohe

You could also look for a Chris Harris video on YouTube. Entertaining and educational. Rather colorful language though.

Pretty easy to do. Just get a set of the twin feeler gauges as they are easier to use. I use a straw for TDC on the cylinder I am doing. Pay attention to the mistakes other have made and you should be fine. Where is half way between Watertown and Utica? Mike