IGNORED

Posts?

Dave Warner

szurszewski

On the main page of this subforum,

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=6&page=1

if you go down to the bottom, you can change the date range - I think default is threads active in the last three months (which is pretty close to zilch).

If you change that to "all threads" you'll see posts from the past.

But...yeah - not the most popular spot on this forum!

josh

I've posted here in the past, in similar fashion.

Just to have a new post here...

But, in general, Flying Bricks have fewer issues, IMO, than the oilheads did, so during formative years, fewer riders on them around here with fewer issues.

YMMV

Dennis Andress
a little empty in here...

must either be riding or in jail from riding to fast

Most of us have gone on to other bikes. BMW discontinued the K1300 S leaving the rather heavy K1600 as the only K bike you can buy new.

There's a LOT of good info in here regarding the K1200 RS and LT. Some of it may be over 10 years old, which can be hard to search for.

DaveTheAffable
Most of us have gone on to other bikes. BMW discontinued the K1300 S leaving the rather heavy K1600 as the only K bike you can buy new.

There's a LOT of good info in here regarding the K1200 RS and LT. Some of it may be over 10 years old, which can be hard to search for.

So true! During the years I had my K1200RS I found lot's of help from forum members... but alas, I sold it 7 years ago.

Really miss it.

Edited by DaveTheAffable
a little empty in here...

must either be riding or in jail from riding to fast

This is certainly a possible explanation! :thumbsup:

I joined the Board in January 2003 when I purchased my first BMW, a 2003 K1200RS, sold to me by Paul Mihalka and Jim Ford when they shared sale commissions at Bob's BMW. Paul introduced me to the BMWST Board and community. I crashed the first KRS at a track day in 2004 and purchased a used 2002 K1200RS with 3,000 miles on it 9 months after recovering from serious injuries sustained on that track day. The K bike forum has always been extremely quiet, however, I found over the years and the 100,000 plus miles I now have on the KRS that any question I had about the KRS was quickly answered and of extreme value to me in maintaining the bike. Planning to buy a BMW GS soon to keep at my daughter and son in laws home in Incline, NV for west coast riding, however, don't plan on selling my 2002 K1200RS until I can no longer ride. :)

Hope our Administrators don't change the name of the board back to BMWRT.com :grin:

Bob,

That is/was plan for the GT, until...

Your RS is a distinctive ride that you enjoy, so yeah, keep it.

Why not?

Works great, parts available, great looking, etc. etc.

Not really anything it doesn't bring to the table for ya.

Hope it is being ridden for a long time.

Best wishes.

Dave Warner

thanks all.

I just switched from a 2012 Road King to the K1600. The K is lighter and MUCH faster.

Ride safe everyone!

thanks all.

I just switched from a 2012 Road King to the K1600. The K is lighter and MUCH faster.

No way...

:/