IGNORED

issues with routing new SS brakeline for Barbax on R1150RS '02

rbrown99

Hello,

So - I am refitting my barbax on my r1150rs - this time with a new stainless steel brakeline from Bob's BMW... which is 2" longer than the original. (the stock one was OK, but it did seem to put a little more stretch on the line when the bar was fully turned). Does anyone have one of these installed (and may have a picture?) - the part # is #SS34327663753+2. The new part has different bends which leads me to believe I have the wrong part - or I am just doing something wrong... tried different configs, but not happy with the routing.

I haven't zip tied it yet, but here's what I have: (hopefully the images will come through):

kcguo78c6JfPJW6x8

ewQBQAMJTumaxqak9

Edited by ezgizza99

ezgizza99 -

It looks to me like you have it reversed. That bleed fitting goes at the bottom.

Hello,

So - I am refitting my barbax on my r1150rs - this time with a new stainless steel brakeline from Bob's BMW... which is 2" longer than the original. (the stock one was OK, but it did seem to put a little more stretch on the line when the bar was fully turned). Does anyone have one of these installed (and may have a picture?) - the part # is #SS34327663753+2. The new part has different bends which leads me to believe I have the wrong part - or I am just doing something wrong... tried different configs, but not happy with the routing.

I haven't zip tied it yet, but here's what I have: (hopefully the images will come through):

Morning ezgizza99

I can't help you with that particular brake line as the very few 1150RS bikes that I have moved the bars back for a rider I just used the stock brake line but moved the lower line attachment block so the stock line would clear everything & not go tight at full lock.

As far as your new hose routing goes, from your pictures that looks pretty bad but I don't see how swapping the hose ends or hose angle will change much.

I suggest that you call Bob's BMW (or use their on-line tec help chat line) maybe they have an answer for you on the routing or possibly different end fittings to use.

Hmmm - That's interesting, since the original fitting had the bleed/fitting with the grub screw at the top... I have an email into Bob's for some advice as well. Thanks!

@dirtrider - thanks - I have an email into Bob's for some advice..I'll look at the lower line attachment as well. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ezgizza99,

I too was considering the barbacks on my 02 1150rs, do you have a pic of the lower line attachment block you speak of? And are there any other lines etc. that have to be re-routed? 

Thank you!