IGNORED

FD Svc 2012RT

GordonB

Having owned an '07, I performed the FD svc much the same. Drain, add 180ml thru the speed sensor hole and close it all up. THEN, I noticed a 'fill' hole to the right at about 3:00; would the FD still fill with 180ml thru this opening? or are we now to fill thru the fill hole until fluid runs out (like on the Trans fill hole). Thanks in advance.

Having owned an '07, I performed the FD svc much the same. Drain, add 180ml thru the speed sensor hole and close it all up. THEN, I noticed a 'fill' hole to the right at about 3:00; would the FD still fill with 180ml thru this opening? or are we now to fill thru the fill hole until fluid runs out (like on the Trans fill hole). Thanks in advance.

Morning GordonB

Still 180 mL as the fluid goes to the same place.

The fill plug takes the worry out of re-filling as then you don't have to worry about "O" ring leaks at the speed sensor.

Thx DR! I see there was a bit of loctite blue on the speed sensor screw. Should I have applied a bit of fresh loctite when re-installing?

Thx DR! I see there was a bit of loctite blue on the speed sensor screw. Should I have applied a bit of fresh loctite when re-installing?

Afternoon GordonB

That isn't Loctite on the sensor bolt, it is micro encapsulation (kind of a pre-dried Loctite)

But yes, you can put a small drop of blue Loctite on that bolt when re-installing.

There might also have been enough of that micro encapsulation left on the bolt to keep it secure (sometimes you can get a second install with the factory micro encapsulation)