IGNORED

Time for Me to Relinquish this Discussion Board

David

David

As you can see 24 is my member # and I've been here since the beginning and I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you have devoted to this website. This is the best group of people that I ever interact in my life with computers. My favorite word here is "HELP". Whenever someone throws this word on the plate, it's amazing how many responses it comes to your aid. Life goes on...I wish you and your family the best and I'm confident that Leslie is the right person to lead us for the future.

Good luck and ride safe.

Sincerely thumbsup.gif

David,

I started lurking here back when Cary ran the board. I've visited off and on over the years and can say this has always been a friendly, informative and fun place to visit. That's a reflection of what you've done and for that I am extremely grateful. Good luck on all your ventures and, I too, hope to hook up in person one day.

The very best of luck to you David. I've learned many things on this site that has made my BMW motorcycling experience wonderfull

David,

Your leadership will be missed, but hopefully not your input and participation...see you at El Paseo? And certainly at the track and elsewhere.

I'll not forget the second time we met at the Barber track (with StretchMark), when I mentioned BMWST and you said, 'yeah, I own that board'. How'd we miss that the previous year? Anyway, thanks for all you've done here and best wishes for your new ventures.

And a heartfelt congratulations and thank you to Leslie!

Cheers!

CP

Fellow Riders,

......................................................................................................................

And I can't wait to start whining about the first moderator putz who moves one of my threads. tongue.gif

David out Leslie in, would have sufficed grin.gifgrin.gif Seriously, you have done as all the others have said, a wun, wo,...... good job, no great job, and I wish you all the best. However, as regards you greatness claim, I thought things like that got bestowed not found thumbsup.gif I personally think you may have already found it and have now relinquished it. Maybe we may get politics back in grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif All the best David you will be able to enjoy the board as we have over the last 5 years with you at the helmthumbsup.gif

Jerry_75_Guy

Wow...

I'm not sure what to say; it kind of feels like a friend is going away, but that's silly since you'll still be here tongue.gif

There's no doubt in my mind that Les is a fantastic choice to take the helm; 'Good on ya Les!! thumbsup.gif'

I still haven't met you yet, David, despite the fact that you're not too far away, but hopefully I'll get the chance to meet you at a rally someday and say 'thanks' in person for all you've done here!! I really appreciate this board!

Good luck with your new endeavors!!

David:

Others have described this board as an oasis, a sanctuary, and a resource. As someone who does more reading/lurking than posting, I must say that your stewardship of this board has been a beacon, an example of civility and community from which many have learned.

Many people drift through life with no particular purpose. And, although we have never met, it's clear from your writings and leadership that the phrase "pursue your life's work" most appropriately applies to you.

So, I wish you well and hope we will be hearing of your future accomplishments. To many of us, you already are that "great person" you hope to become. I, too, hope to meet you some day.

Best wishes David. And, congrats Leslie. I have read enough of your posts to know that this community is in good hands.

Leslie is and excellent choice. I sense she has the respect of everyone on the board including mine. I am sure she will take the board to the next level. Congratulatons Leslie.

David, I don't quite know how to thank you

Thanks for loaning me that comfy couch at 4-T and for hosting a grand weekend and leading that fun ride through Tennessee.

Thanks for the phone call when I was in the hospital and could barely say more than a half-dozen words, and for sending the book “The Perfect Vehicle” to cheer me during my recovery. It did.

Thanks for taking the reins to this marvelous site, and working so hard to improve an already great place.

Thanks for being such an integral and important part of this ever expanding community, and for being such a good friend.

Control freak? Nahhhhh grin.gif

With Gunnison 2 coming up, I was thinking...Breakfast at that place in Salida again? My treat. thumbsup.gif

Shawnee Bill

WOW!

Took a while to read down to this point and wonder what is left for me to say.

I can not begin to say how much I have learned from this board. But the main thing I have learned is how to truly enjoy my ride.

So David a big THANK YOU for making that possible by keeping this forum what it is!

I am not very good with words. Besides, everyone else has been so eloquent and covered more than I will ever be able to express.

I do know that my "THANK YOU" comes from the bottom of my heart in more ways than one.

I believe you have achieved legendary status and hopefully one day I will have the pleasure of meeting you in person.

Congratulations to Leslie and a big THANK YOU to you. thumbsup.gif

David, when I first began motorcycling I turned to this site many, many times for advice. I still do. This is a fabulous site and that is due to your hard work. Thanks.

The good news is that you can begin re-exploring the great roads we have here in the Nashville area.

David -

I still remember when Cary left and how everyone was so concerned about how many changes would be made. Yes, there have been many changes, but they have definitely been for the best. I can honestly say, you have done an amazing job over the past 5 years. The board has grown so much with your leadership and nurturing. I wish you, Julie, and the rest of your family all of the best! thumbsup.gif

We are in good hands with Mama-Hoon at the helm, but your leadership will be missed.

Leslie -

I agree with so many others here on the board. David couldn't have picked a better person to lead us. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you bring to the board as well. Good luck and let us know if you need anything! teeth.gif

Wow. So much to say...

First, a big kudos for your open honesty. It takes a big person to, a) have such Introspective and, b) be willing to post it on a public forum.

Second, as everyone else, a big-big thanks. The sport and all of us are richer as a result of the last five years.

Third, a more personal thanks. You rescued my ass out of a pickle once, and I know you have done so to more than a few others. Your unequivocal selfishness to help your fellow man is a testament.

And congratulations on your pick of a replacement. (Don't know to offer Jamie congratulations or condolences though!) I do know though (s)he'll ( grin.gif) be great!

But all of this sounds way too much like a goodbye. We're not letting you off quite THAT easy. We'll expect more RidingSmart (it is riding and person-to-person interaction after all), expect to have to look at your mug at more events!

So you're not off the hook yet buster - get back to work! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I can't wait to see what wonderful things you bring to the board as well.

First up, this blue-centric default theme? Think pink.

The news I've read into this is that Leslie's apparently decided to give up most riding, and we'll no longer be seeing her at many events.

And in exchange, we get David.

Fortunately, this place was skillfully crafted, and I predict a smooth change in ownership. I'm amazed David waited this long to pass the reins.

Motorrad4fun

Thank you for for running this board as well as it has run. I wish you the best with you "new duties" at home.....

Thanks,

dAVID...wOW, a carefully planned and executed departure...much like your riding skills - GOOD ON YA.!!

Allow me to say like everybody reading these posts - a HEARTY, THANK YOU...

there are builders and there are painters...you my ridin' pal are a builder - like Cary - and your vision and accomplishments when given the reins 5 years ago are noted and applauded.

I appreciate your candor (as always) with letting us in on your decision in the honest and straight ahead manner which you are well noted for.

I'm happy that I can call you friend.

Looking forward to seein' ya down the road.

Get some miles on that new sled now, see ya in Gunn'y

Leslie - I am thrilled that you are the successor of this ship...carry on, full speed ahead.

Blessings all over you both, today...

You rescued my ass out of a pickle once, and I know you have done so to more than a few others. Your unequivocal selfishness to help your fellow man is a testament.

Yeah, but I've given you hell in some arguments, too. I still can't remember if I ever won one of those. smile.gif

Ken, I know you'd do the same for me, as would a thousand others. It's great to have met you and Donna, and I look forward to seeing you again in Gunny and at El Paseo.

To the rest of you, thanks for the kind words. I am appreciative. Even Greg. tongue.gif

Thanks for all the effort and continuing the tradition that Cary started. Hopefully you don't go Howard Hughes on us and disappear as we all still want to see you around, whether it's in type on the board or in person at events. Next time I see you the first beer is on me. thumbsup.gif

Havent had the time to read the whole thread, but David, THANKS for what you have done here, its been so enjoyable! And glad you have taken the best decision for yourself.

Leslie will take very good care of the board, I am sure!

My regards,

Juan Miguel Venturello

David-

Like everyone else has stated more elequintly, I enjoyed meeting you in person during a right smart in Nashville and have always looked forward to reading your posts. See you on the road!!

Lynn

David -

What a job you've undertaken, and from what i've seen left in good shape on the way out...

Enjoy the next piece (project) of your life! Julie's new business will surely keep you on your toes as well.

Leslie -

I hope your title as Mama Hoon won't change...Mama of the Board? :hugs: Wonderful choice.

Sylva

David,

Thanks for doing a great job. Sorry to see you go. Although seldom mentioned, I loved it when you got pissed at dumb people and their antics. Your responses were pretty classic. Don't ever change thumbsup.gif

Leslie,

I didn't know you liked S & M? Running this board must be torture smile.gif

Kermit_Karl

I see 130+ posts, all thanking Dave, in a little over a day. Probably the most active thread we've had. I think that says a lot. I'll add my two cents' worth: Many thanks, Dave, for your efforts in providing a very valuable resource to the riding community.

And to Leslie: Congratulations, and I'm looking forward to your running the show.

David

I have only been a member for a short time (3 mon) but in that short time I have already met some wonderful people like Jamie and Leslie Edmonds and learned a bunch of tech stuff. From what I have already witnessed this site has some high quality people so your legacy will live on. Enjoy your new career and lifes challenges. I hope to meet you some day.

Best regards,

Keith

Eckhard Grohe

Thank you for all of your efforts and thank you for making this a sane and civil refuge from it all. Good luck on your new adventures and good riding.

Fellow Riders,

About three weeks ago I decided that I wanted to relinquish leadership of this fine place. In crafting this resignation note, I thought (only very briefly) about taking a PC approach and saying all the right things, but that wouldn't really be in keeping with the honesty I've tried to convey over the years since I took over from Cary. (He started this in 1996; I took over in 2001; does that mean we're on a five-year cycle?) So that you don't have to skim ahead, I'll be transferring ownership of the board to Leslie Edmonds. I feel great about her passion and commitment to this place. The transition will be orderly, including a transfer of all unused funds for her stewardship. She has my complete confidence.

David, thanks for being the steward of the board. It is a community that I enjoy and hope to continue to enjoy.

BTW, has anyone seen Leslie. No one's heard from her since she left for the south seas....muttering something about having hit it big....

:-)

M

Jamie, Congratulations and best of luck!

Yes, and let the confusion begin. You'd think that at least one of them would have had the foresight to choose a gender-specific name. smile.gif

Just remember, Leslie is the pretty one. Jamie... teeth.gif

David,

What a GREAT job you have done in helping this site evolve and become the very special place it is! Thanks so much for the time, effort and dedication you have put forth. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif it will never be forgotten.

And Leslie, congrats and thanks for volunteering your many talents to see this great journey continue ... for the benefit of us all.

motorman587

David,

I know we went round round when I first came here. You have my respect and do not blame you. I could see how stressful this place could be. Family is more important. Good luck and maybe one day we met and I will give you a strong handshake. Best.

John

Your leadership here has been an inspiration to me, David. The Ride Smart program significantly enhanced the quality of my riding experience, for which I'm grateful every time I get on the bike. I hope you will spend some of your new free time over in our part of the state.

Best of luck and thanks for the tremendous effort you have put in for an extended period. There's no question that this board has ac ertain "class" to it (for lack of a better word), and that obviously reflects your philosophy and approach.

Your leadership here has been an inspiration to me, David. The Ride Smart program significantly enhanced the quality of my riding experience, for which I'm grateful every time I get on the bike. I hope you will spend some of your new free time over in our part of the state.

I would except Kenny Haynes lives there, too, and I'm kind of sick of him right now. tongue.gif

It's sad indeed when I can take you and Phil more than Kenny. Something's not right with that. teeth.gif

I'll be transferring ownership of the board to Leslie Edmonds.

WHO?

I feel a little bit like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets, arranging his silverware before every meal, with an obsession that everything be neat and orderly.

Oh btw, David...NICE camera mount...very neat! thumbsup.gif

Seriously, David...huge kudos to you. I have only been here while you were in charge, and I am totally in awe of what it must take from a person to keep this board running as well as this one does.

"Thin-skinned" or not, you have done a wonderful job. I can only offer my respect, and a hearty Thank You!

AFA the person now in charge...you said it was Leslie....?

Leslie..., huh? I gotta do a search! grin.gif

Thanks David, this place has been very helpful with all aspects of owning a BMW. My first place when I log on.

Congrats Leslie, and be patient.

Calvin  (no socks)

One too many tire threads, eh? grin.gif

I am proud of this place and the people it takes to run it.

Thanks for your energy and spirit these past few years. Ride like the wind and never look back!

Enjoy your new found Freedom David.

When I was deciding about retiring from the FD, an old Captain told me to move on and not look back.

I asked him why he hadn't retired yet and he said: he never "considered" it, but that when that day came, he would know it was time.

I haven't looked back and I have been enjoying myself ever since...especially the riding part.

If you get over near Asheville, stop on by smile.gif

and....don't look back, it will be Great!

Thanks for your run on this board thumbsup.gif

Maybe along with more riding you can do more of that photography that you enjoy too...

I still have that black and white photo that you gave out to our small group in NYC a few years back.

See you on the road grin.gif

Congratulation David on your new direction and future rides! I hope to meet up with you someday in Western North Carolina. There is a group of riders that meet up at Craggy Gardens parking lot every Thursday night. This will start up again after the time changes back.We usually meet around 7:30 p.m. and just hang around and shoot the breeze. Would be great to see you there if you are on the Blue Ridge Parkway.Good luck to Leslie. Although I don't post much, I visit and enjoy this site almost every day.Remember "Hill Street Blues", AND let's be safe out there!

Thank you for all you have done. Best wishes to you and I hope our roads cross someday. BMWMOA???

Good luck with regards to Julie's new business venture.

Leslie thumbsup.gif

David,

Thank you for maintaining this site so we all could have a place to meet and hang out. You have done a great job and I wish you well in all your future endeavors!

I hope you get to do more riding as you intend, there are many great roads yet to be ridden and I hope to bump into you along one of them, maybe at one of our great gathering events.

Leslie, I wish you the best! You have taken on a great challenge and I know you are up to it. Thick skin is a plus when dealing with thousands of personalities on a regular basis. I hope you can insulate yourself while running things.

Frank Cloud

Wow David:

Congratulations, and thanks for all you've done. I found this place back in '99 or '00 and it's gotten better every year. thumbsup.gif

Ride On!

weaselwayne

Thanks for everything. You have given so much to make this place a success.

Enjoy your new freedom, and don't be a problem to Leslie "My Home Girl" grin.gif

Hey you sure your not getting banned and they gave you a "stay" teeth.gif.

You've done a great job.

Thank you bncry.gif

Leslie.....Your on your own grin.gif

Archived