IGNORED

D. R. Failed heat sensor, no start

Mark C

Dirt Rider, our story goes.

What are the chances of airbox sensor being out at the same time?

Causing no start until unplugged.

I didn't have a good one around so I spliced an 1100 oil sensor and popped it into fitting.

Along with another airbox sensor. Perfect starts , throttle response and idles now!

This will work for now, will get right part ordered.

The only problem is this mickey mouse rig is larger sensor needed a nudge to clear throttle movement.

Thanks for help.

This may save someone on a road breakdown sometime?

Morning Mark C

What are the chances of airbox sensor being out at the same time?

Causing no start until unplugged. --Probably a bit lower chance than you getting struck by lightening in your basement.

I didn't have a good one around so I spliced an 1100 oil sensor and popped it into fitting.

Along with another airbox sensor. Perfect starts , throttle response and idles now!

This will work for now, will get right part ordered.--Those air box IAT (Intake Air Sensors) are very reliable & seldom if ever fail (I bet if you measure the resistance of yours at different temperatures it will track within nominal spec). Almost every IAT sensor that I have seen cause a problem isn't the sensor itself but is the terminals in the vehicle side connector (the terminals get loose so don't make good contact to the sensor terminals)

Thanks, good to know. I could have tried spraying contact cleaner first, I will next time.

I guess I am tripping because how sensitive a little problem can bring on big problems.

I really don't mind fixing things in garage, go nuts when I am out on the road in the hot sun!