IGNORED

Hello!

joeyjamb

I just wanted to say hi. I am the proud owner of a new-to-me '04 R1150RT. My first BMW. My long time ride a bandit 1200 has been sitting idle. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I have already been reading here quite a bit. Any advise for some new to the world of BMW? I'm pretty good with a wrench so the older machine doesn't bother me.

20170610_140203.jpg

John Ranalletta

Welcome. Had a '97 RT and that style is enduring.

Only caveat? Be very careful remove/replacing the plastic when servicing; otherwise, enjoy.

Welcome Joey!!!

Nice bike. :thumbsup: First post AND you figured out how to add a photo. :jaw: You just earned a free beer. Please come to FART in September to collect.

Shiny Side Up
Welcome! You picked the best year of the Oilheads!

Welcome!!

I agree with Bill - the '04 in Titan Silver is the fastest and best!!

Lots of very knowledgeable folks on the forum (not me) so don't hesitate to ask questions or put in your $0.02.

Welcome. Great pick on the bike and congrats.That big smile tells it all.

Don't know about the fastest color, but most agree 04 was a great year.

Welcome Joey!!!

Nice bike. :thumbsup: First post AND you figured out how to add a photo. :jaw: You just earned a free beer. Please come to FART in September to collect.

Welcome.

What he said.

2nd best looking modern BMW, IMO.

;)

Enjoy.

Thank you everyone. I will definitely be looking for advice. I would love to go to GA in Sept but unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend in Connecticut around that time, but I will keep an eye on the events calendar.

What everyone already stated ... you are entering the BMW space on a great bike. That 1150 motor was hard to kill and can run forever. 2004 was a great year too. I entered the BMW world in 2000 on a 1997 R1100RT and have never looked back.

Enjoy!