IGNORED

noisy transmission

Rick Ward

Craigslist posting states that the bike has 101,000 miles and noisy transmission bearings but runs well. Any rough estimates on a repair. I realize that diagnosing a transmission over the internet has a huge plus or minus figure attached. The photo shows nice tupper ware, a corbin seat and luggage looks better than mine. My bike has half the mileage and a quiet tranny...both are 2000 R1100RTs.

Craigslist posting states that the bike has 101,000 miles and noisy transmission bearings but runs well. Any rough estimates on a repair. I realize that diagnosing a transmission over the internet has a huge plus or minus figure attached. The photo shows nice tupper ware, a corbin seat and luggage looks better than mine. My bike has half the mileage and a quiet tranny...both are 2000 R1100RTs.

Afternoon Rick

Basically EXPENSIVE to repair.

For a good estimate of cost look on E-Bay for a low mileage transmission as those are usually WAY cheaper than buying parts for yours.

Otherwise you will have to remove the trans in question then take it apart to see what is required for repair.

cclaypool16

This sounds like the dreaded input bearing/shaft noise,which can be costly had to do mine last year.Bought a used tranny with 42,000 miles had it installed cost me 1250.00 parts and labor only after a few weeks started making similar grinding noises,so it cost me way too much to finally fix,just be prepared to spend some money !