IGNORED

Holley In tank fuel lines

Boomer343

Holley now lists the corrugated in tank fuel lines in 8mm x various lengths.

https://holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_system_components_and_service/fuel_pump_component/parts/12-726

Shortest is 120mm then 136mm, 160mm, 188mm and longer.

They are also available in Canada but not stocked at the shops I contacted but can be ordered in.

I'm going to order the 120 and 136 to see which works best for the 180 loop.

If I hadn't forgotten to add the BBY hoses to my last order I would be installing them. Shipping USPS used to be reasonable but to order a set from BBY it is $21 on top of the product cost. Not their doing on the shipping rates.

I just ordered online from JB Power Center and 3 hoses, no clamps, delivered to my door, tax in, came to 17 Canadian pesos and change.

That's about $12 US at today's rate.

rxcrider...nice work on the hoses and pump rehab.

The short piece between the pump and pipe is a pain to install since the stuff really doesn't like to turn the bend when making room to get the pump in place. Make it as short as you can while still letting it extend past the clamps slightly.

ncstatecamp

Good to know thanks, I was just looking for this stuff as the local autos dont seem to carry submerged fuel line.

The short piece between the pump and pipe is a pain to install since the stuff really doesn't like to turn the bend when making room to get the pump in place. Make it as short as you can while still letting it extend past the clamps slightly.

I had the same problem with bending the heavy pressure line into a 180 U-bend. A small coil spring inside the tube would work well to keep it from kinking. I couldn't find one so I used short pieces of small brass tubing inside.

Also, the Oetiker clamps work very well on these lines. They can be installed with a pair of end nipper wire cutters and hold much better than the screw type. AMHIK. A small selection kit is not very expensive on eBay.

Eckhard Grohe
The short piece between the pump and pipe is a pain to install

Short pieces. Are these cut-offs from the corrugated tube used to make the bend?

Will the zip tie survive the gasoline immersion?

I had the same problem with bending the heavy pressure line into a 180 U-bend. A small coil spring inside the tube would work well to keep it from kinking. I couldn't find one so I used short pieces of small brass tubing inside.

Also, the Oetiker clamps work very well on these lines. They can be installed with a pair of end nipper wire cutters and hold much better than the screw type. AMHIK. A small selection kit is not very expensive on eBay.

The issue with the short piece is that you need to slide it forward around the bend in the tubing to make room for the pump and then slide it back over the pump nipple. The thin walled nylon is quite stiff where it isn't corrugated and doesn't like slide around the bend in the metal tube.

Oetiker clamps go on nice and take up little space, but screw down FI clamps are easier to deal with for future service and I haven't seen one fail yet.

Short pieces. Are these cut-offs from the corrugated tube used to make the bend?

Will the zip tie survive the gasoline immersion?

At least in the case for the Beemer Boneyard kit, I have been able to use cut-offs for the straight pieces. The Holley tubing looks to have shorter ends so that may not work. The tubing and zip tie are both nylon and should have no issues sitting in gasoline.

Edited by rxcrider
AnotherLee

rxcrider said:

The issue with the short piece is that you need to slide it forward around the bend in the tubing to make room for the pump and then slide it back over the pump nipple. The thin walled nylon is quite stiff where it isn't corrugated and doesn't like slide around the bend in the metal tube.

I bet hitting it with a heat gun on low would help a lot here.