IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

I'm still waiting for my "first place" prize. ;)

Do you need a prize??????? I will bring your "first place" prize to FART.

Here is a preview so you can start to get excited!

150549374362.jpg

No, don't thank me. There are many others who made this prize possible. :grin:

150549374362.jpg

:grin:

I wouldn't get too worked up and excited, Mark. Odds are off the chart in your favor of Bud not arriving.

150549374362.jpg

I wouldn't get too worked up and excited, Mark. Odds are off the chart in your favor of Bud not arriving.

Hey now, I represent that! :whistle:

But just to prove you wrong, I will pick up my new ride from an individual who is 1/2 hour away from Blairsville, GA! :grin:

And Flo is already packed in my bag, ready to be presented in all of her "Flo'ness Glory" :wave:

150549374362.jpg

Hey now, I represent that! :whistle:

But just to prove you wrong, I will pick up my new ride from an individual who is 1/2 hour away from Blairsville, GA! :grin:

And Flo is already packed in my bag, ready to be presented in all of her "Flo'ness Glory" :wave:

Ooh... I'm glad you said that ... reminds me to dust off the combination to the Snuggie Vault!! ;)

Then again, you have to take these numbers with a grain of salt - as Bud signed up for them, but never actually came! :wave::whistle:

What is this? Pick on Bud day??? :wave:

Yes, I've been a no-show a time or two. But Nancy and I hosted a Pied Piper rest stop at our house a few years back, and I did show up in Wisconsin a couple of years ago, which cost me a lot of money, because I bought FOOT's GS as soon as I got back home, and then don't forget I had to go back to St. Louis due to emergency surgery on my you grandson and I gifted an unopened, large size bottle of Makers Mark to a couple of the Usual Suspects, which was enjoyed by many, or so I was told by TN_R11_Girl.

I'm trying to keep my BMWST membership from being revoked. :clap:

And, I'm OUT for the next UN leaving room for me to sneak IN if I want to without being a "No Show" as I have been in the past.

Of course, I will be the envy of everyone when I bring my new bike! :rofl:

Bring on the snuggie, I'm man enough to wear it! :Yes:

I am assuming Bud that the new bike you will bring to UnRally '18 will be after you sell the "new" bike you are picking up for FART '17. :grin:

Edited by Endobobdds

I am assuming Bud that the new bike you will bring to UnRally '18 will be after you sell the "new" bike you are picking up for FART '17. :grin:

Well, as they say on the TV ads, past performance is not any guarantee of future results. :rofl:

So, no Canadian limit?

I thought they were building a wall at the Northern US boarder to keep their citizens from coming to the US??????????? :grin:

Yeah, and Alaska is going to pay for it.

So, no Canadian limit?

I thought they were building a wall at the Northern US boarder to keep their citizens from coming to the US??????????? :grin:

Yeah, and Alaska is going to pay for it.

:rofl:

Thanks Dave and Keith! As of 12 noon 9/16/16:

Funds Received for Dinner from:

1 Marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kensley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 MikeB60

23 DyAnne

24 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)

25 Erdok (Panama City Riders)

26 Tom L (Panama City Riders)

27 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)

28 Barry P (Panama City Riders)

29 Mike M (Panama City Riders)

30 ChrisK

31 Folkdancer48

32 BMW_Ken

33 Working' Them Angels

34 EricInIndy

35 Lerxst

36 Tallman

37 Beth

38 slumgullion

39 Nikki

40 RightSpin

41 Cyclingkk

42 Jennie

43 F16Viper

Contest Administrivia

Ladies and Gentleman and riders of all ages, here's what you need to know for now concerning Fart Fun N Games Contests.

1) Track you mileage to Blairsvile! When you check in, there'll be a sign in sheet next to the cookies. DO NOT TAKE A COOKIE! :dontknow: Record you beginning location and total miles on the sheet. NOW TAKE A COOKIE! :lick: Yummy!

2) Photos: We're looking for landscapes that could be used as backgrounds for future FART & START event slides. Mix it up - have some without your group and a couple with your group.

Email photos to: startfarting@gmail.com by Friday 6pm.

MixMaster Kinsley :ohboy: and his Crusty Sidekick Dave :old: promise an evening that'll drive you to parking lot drinking :beer: and embellished tales :stir::ohboy::spittake: of World Renowned Portions. :read::shake:

Keep an eye out for this guy in the parking lot:

33243_la-hy-isuzujoe2.jpg

Edited by workin' them angels
Miles on a motorcycle only or not?

Only Motorcycle miles.

If you've been on a week long tour building up to a good FART, then add all those miles :clap:

Didn't you get enough yesterday?! :rofl: IF you make it, it will be reason enough for celebration. :clap::wave: If you, Sir, have duel miles eg: some trailer and some bike - you have your work cut out for you, cuz U need to keep track of BOTH. :read:

Ken is too kind - I wanted to keep you guessing. :wave:

(you'd know the answer to you question if you'd made it last year ) :whistle:

William, we will lift our glasses in honor of you and the other storm victims. Please be safe and keep us advised.

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20Sept%2016.jpg

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.

Friday Dinner 6:30 @ Monet's. Paypal 16.05 to: startfarting@gamil.com

Here's who's coming for dinner as of 9/16/17 @11:30pm

1 Marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kinsley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 MikeB60

23 DyAnne

30 ChrisK

31 Folkdancer48

32 BMW_Ken

33 Working' Them Angels

34 EricInIndy

35 Lerxst

36 Tallman

37 Beth

38 slumgullion

39 Nikki

40 RightSpin

41 Cyclingkk

42 Jennie

43 F16Viper

44 terryofperry

Didn't you get enough yesterday?! :rofl: IF you make it, it will be reason enough for celebration. :clap::wave: If you, Sir, have duel miles eg: some trailer and some bike - you have your work cut out for you, cuz U need to keep track of BOTH. :read:

Well I'm not in the running. I'm coming to GA with a trailer behind the vehicle and it will be empty as the bike I'm buying is less than 1/2 an hour away from Blairsville. How about a new category for fewest miles ridden? :rofl:

Hi Eveyone,

This is NOT a contest for who rode the most miles.

We are getting everyone's mileage to FART recorded at check-in, then it will be totaled.

We will have a contest for who guesses the closest to the total amount of miles ridden to FART. The winner of the contest wins his or her choice of our prizes.

I was hoping to go to Torrey, and then FART. Torrey didn't work out, so I changed my reservation to FART, and will arrive on Tuesday the 26th and leave Sunday 10/1.

So, I just called to make reservation --- only rooms left in our block are smoking (blech!)

Well, that's the last nail of the coffin for me. Between getting married, new job and the relocation back north I just don't have enough vacation to make this happen.

I'm out....

:( This one hurts... I miss everyone.... yes, even you Marty... ;)

Shawn

P.S. Mitch... when's the 1st annual run for the cheese curd rally?

You need to re-think your priorities, young man...

Well I'm not in the running. I'm coming to GA with a trailer behind the vehicle and it will be empty as the bike I'm buying is less than 1/2 an hour away from Blairsville. How about a new category for fewest miles ridden? :rofl:

Nope, your trailer has 2 wheels, so, only true 4 wheel vehicles can qualify.

:wave:

Nope, your trailer has 2 wheels, so, only true 4 wheel vehicles can qualify.

:wave:

So you are saying my total mileage is Zero?????? If so, then I do win the "fewest miles" prize! :clap::clap::wave:

I hope the locals are prepared - this is shaping up to be the 2nd biggest FART of all time! :clap:

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20Sept%2018.jpg

Final day to register for the group dinner! PM me if you need an extension or have others coming who've not been registered.

$16.05 via Paypal to: startfarting@gmail.com *Use 'Friend Option Please'

Here's who's coming to dinner (as of 1:15pm):

1 Marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kinsley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 MikeB60

23 DyAnne

30 Chris K

31 Folkdancer48

32 BMW_Ken

33 Working' Them Angels

34 EricInIndy

35 Lerxst

36 Tallman

37 Beth

38 slumgullion

39 Nikki

40 RightSpin

41 Cyclingkk

42 Jennie

43 F16Viper

44 terryofperry

45 id's_ok

46 Tasker

47 Bill Murray

48 Debbie

Sounds like an invite for a group ride to check out Buds new bike. Yea, that's it . . . We could mess that deal up reaalll quick-like!! :wave::lurk::stir::shake:

Dave - I see we are not on your latest arrival list. Dick (Folkdancer48) and Bill Murray will arrive on Wednesday. Dick sent in his $16.05 for dinner by PayPal on Friday, 9/29/2017 (10:09 AM). Not sure about Bill.

Dave - I see we are not on your latest arrival list. Dick (Folkdancer48) and Bill Murray will arrive on Wednesday. Dick sent in his $16.05 for dinner by PayPal on Friday, 9/29/2017 (10:09 AM). Not sure about Bill.

Hi Dick. Perhaps your computer is loading an old slide?

On the arriving slide, check #42, 43.

For dinner, see # 31 & 47.

I did have you on the paid dinner list, but not of the arrival slide for a while. Typically for the arrival slide, I add folks who post that they are coming. When I received your dinner payment, you went on that list right away - but not the who's coming slide, as I use the posts for that. Once I realized I had a discrepancy, I compared lists and added you to the arrival slide.

I received Bill's dinner payment today, and added him to both lists

Sorry for the confusion! Look forward to seeing you both!

Many thanks, Dave! Look forward to seeing soon. By the way, thanks for all of your work on this event. I know that is time-consuming and not always easy. Kudos!

Sounds like an invite for a group ride to check out Buds new bike. Yea, that's it . . . We could mess that deal up reaalll quick-like!! :wave::lurk::stir::shake:

Didn't know I had so many friends to help me out. :wave:

"So you are saying my total mileage is Zero?????? If so, then I do win the "fewest miles" prize! clap clap wave"

Only if you drive more miles in reverse than I do...

Here's a Big Cheek Flapping THANK YOU for taking the time to register for dinner and get funds transferred.

The last few weeks have been full of challenges for most of you - and our little gathering pales by comparison to the concerns and situations many of you and yours - and/or acquaintances - are facing. Ken and I are amazed that so many of our Florida and Georgia regulars are still going to FART with us. :beer::dance:

Bruno :rofl: reports that there are 3 he's waiting to hear back from. Although I've turned in our numbers, I held out that we may have a couple more to add to our total. So just let me know so I can get you included if you're still coming. :lurk::lurk:

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! :clap: Look who's coming for dinner :eat::lick: :

1 marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kinsley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 MikeB60

23 DyAnne

30 Chris K

31 Folkdancer48

32 BMW_Ken

33 Working' Them Angels

34 EricInIndy

35 Lerxst

36 Tallman

37 Beth

38 slumgullion

39 Nikki

40 RightSpin

41 Cyclingkk

42 Jennie

43 F16Viper

44 terryofperry

45 id's_ok

46 Tasker

47 Bill Murray

48 Debbie

49 sockmonkey

50 SSTwin

51 knarf11

This is starting to be so large that it might become an UN-UN. :clap:

You mean the 2nd UN-UN in the same riding season? OMG! What ever will we do?

Hey, I think we need to all agree right now on this one point ... don't anyone bring nametags for anyone. Apparently, if anyone does that'll ruins the event for many others. So, please take care to not even bring your own. You just never know who's time you'll spoil. :rofl:

Well Craig, at more than one event I introduced myself as "Marty Hill". All I got was a bunch of strange looks. No one even laughed, including Marty.

The rider formerly known as "Bud".

I was hoping to go to Torrey, and then FART. Torrey didn't work out, so I changed my reservation to FART, and will arrive on Tuesday the 26th and leave Sunday 10/1.

This is looking more like an UN with people arriving on Tuesday! I like this now that I am "almost" completely retired. :thumbsup:

Hi all!

Happy to be joining Brother Steve (SSTwin) and all of you at next week's FART tour! Arriving Wednesday, bunking with SSTwin, riding Thursday and Friday, homeward bound Saturday. Looking forward to another FART... :dopeslap:

knarf11 (Frank)

Western MD

2010 GS 30th Anniv

Well Craig, at more than one event I introduced myself as "Marty Hill". All I got was a bunch of strange looks. No one even laughed, including Marty.

The rider formerly known as "Bud".

Wish I could be there. Oh well, riding in Eastern Europe is almost as good. At least 10 days of rain so far/wow, this is fun. :dopeslap: