IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

marcopolo

Great! Room booked, arriving Wednesday, departing Sunday. That said, my CC was rejected twice when the woman on the phone tried to run it. She mentioned that the same thing had happened to someone else earlier today. She said not to worry, that my reservation was confirmed regardless, and gave me a confirmation number. She said she'd try my card again later.

Indy Dave

What's your CC number, I'll try it for you :money::shake::wave:

Added: I'll try a down payment on a new GSA, if that goes through, you should be ok. But just to be sure, I'll go ahead and put the rest of the bike on there too!

Edited by workin' them angels
marcopolo

Hah. :P

By the way, do they have hair dryers?

Edited by marcopolo

Blairsville to Helen is about 1 hours time, maybe slightly less depending on pace. 19 south to 180 to RBR to 75A. left on 75A to 75 right (south) on 75 about 3 miles into Helen, GA

greiffster
Blairsville to Helen is about 1 hours time, maybe slightly less depending on pace. 19 south to 180 to RBR to 75A. left on 75A to 75 right (south) on 75 about 3 miles into Helen, GA

A worthy ride for a Knockwurst and a Dunkel (pillion of course). :bike:

John - this is a disturbing trend! :(

I agree, I have to make my schedule work several months in advance, so advance notice of events as early as possible is helpful. Don't worry I can keep a secret.

See you at the UN!

Edited by ltljohn
steve.foote

In! Reservations made. (Note: The receptionist seemed new and was unsure how to do the booking. You just need to be patient with her.)

IN! Or at least I added it to the calendar. We will see how work works out. LOL

I will make reservations a little later. :wave:

I agree, I have to make my schedule work several months in advance, so advance notice of events as early as possible is helpful. Don't worry I can keep a secret.

See you at the UN!

:wave:

I am looking forward to another good FART! :thumbsup: I will be heading down and back from the DC area with Marcopolo. Arrive Wednesday and depart Sunday.

Edited by Endobobdds
John Ranalletta

I hope I can make this. Had a cabin in the woods on Murphy Road between Murphy and Blairsville. Many great roads within minutes of the hotel. Union Co. used to be dry. Don't know if it still is. Years ago, one of the first El Paseo events was held in Blairsville and the cops hassled riders enjoying a pop in the hotel parking lot.

IN!

Reservation made.

Beth and I, pending doc approval.

John,

It is no longer dry.

Think Calvin set the tone with the Camelbak filled with beer.

:grin:

Edited by tallman

I'm in. Currently on hold waiting for the desk clerk to complete a checkin. I'll be in Pensacola the prior week and ride up to the Barber museum on the 9/23 and 9/24, over to Two Wheels of Suches, or something similar, on the 25th and 26th, over to Blairsville on the 27th. Will leave to head home to south Florida on Saturday the 30th.

Indy Dave

Bud - Don't worry, I know the DRILL! Speaking of drills, if you don't make it this Fall, Mark, Bob and I are going to ride out and pay you a visit. I'll make sure Bob brings drill!! :rofl::shake:

See you at the UN!

John - I know you THINK you can keep a secret; but there is a rider from North of the Border who I hear tell has ways of making you talk! There are ways...you don't want to know!! And if he doesn't have a HAIR DRYER... it gets UGLY!! :stir::whistle::rofl:

I'm happy you will at least be out and about when we FART, looking forward to seeing you at the UN! :thumbsup:

Looks like a beautiful place to ride and take in the views...

It is and Well worth the SHORT ride for you! I hope you can join us. :bike:

I hope I can make this. Had a cabin in the woods on Murphy Road between Murphy and Blairsville. Many great roads within minutes of the hotel. Union Co. used to be dry. Don't know if it still is. Years ago, one of the first El Paseo events was held in Blairsville and the cops hassled riders enjoying a pop in the hotel parking lot.

I think the Blaisville Witch has run them all off. Things have changed and our Parking Lot Social tradition will go on unchallenged. I hope you can make it John - we had 3 Hoosiers at START.

Marked on my calendar. Enjoyed last year!

I hope it works out, it's a longgg Winter if you don't FART.

I'm in. Currently on hold waiting for the desk clerk to complete a checkin. I'll be in Pensacola the prior week and ride up to the Barber museum on the 9/23 and 9/24, over to Two Wheels of Suches, or something similar, on the 25th and 26th, over to Blairsville on the 27th. Will leave to head home to south Florida on Saturday the 30th.

Charles - great! You're long over due, looking forward to meeting you!

Mark, Steve, Bernie, Bob, Ken, Tim & Beth, Dave and Burt - thanks for your enthusiasm and for laying the foundation for a great FART!

I am IN at the Inn!

And I don't need no stinkin' hairdryer - so Foot, its all yours! ;-)

Jim

Dave,

Thanks.

Ken,

Thanks.

In advance.

Dave, we're Thursdayers...

Great news Tim! :clap: It was wonderful catching up on your lives and sharing a meal with you and Beth at START'17 - I look forwarding to doing it again in September! :thumbsup:

steve.foote
I think the Blaisville Witch has run them all off.

Dave, I wouldn't read too much into the old 'Blairsville Witch' stories. It's probably just a bunch of old wives tales told by older members to scare the newer folks. I'm sure there's nothing to them at all. ;-)

Edited by RightSpin

:eek:

Just reading the phrase "Blairville Witch", out loud, makes me shudder...

:eek::eek:

Dave, I wouldn't read too much into the old 'Blairsville Witch' stories. It's probably just a bunch of old wives tales told by older members to scare the newer folks. I'm sure there's nothing to them at all. ;-)

:stir::rofl:

Indy Dave

:stir::rofl:

Nahh, I doubt there's anything to them at all. I've always found the 'seasoned' members here to be very friendly and outgoing. In fact, at the last FART, I had some take the time to teach me the fine art of Snipe Hunting. Regretfully, I never caught one, despite being out all night. Great guys - they let me have the easy job of waiting for the snipes to be flushed my way while they went off in search of them. I guess they got lost in the moonless night and somehow made it back to the hotel just about dawn. They were seasoned hunters though, for all the work they did, they looked very rested and if I didn't know better, I'd say they'd slept in their bed all night!

Edited by workin' them angels
greiffster

Greiffsters are In. Me, probably Wednesday. Nicol I'm guessing Thursday night. She can only take so much of this group. :dontknow::grin:

Indy Dave

Jim & Jim - Great to have you both back for a return ride! :clap:

Mike - Told ya these are habit forming! :wave:

Chris - Now you're talking!! Glad you can make it! :thumbsup:

Terry - Can't wait to see what hidden gems you'll discover.

Mike - Nicole is a Brave (and welcome!) Lass :wave:

Mr. Takser! - Great - the Hoosiers are making a comeback! :thumbsup:

***It's worth mentioning that the block hold and special rate for our group expires 30 days before FART. The hotel does have higher seasonal rates in effect at that time and rates will be higher if you book after the deadline. Just sayin'

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20may%208_2.jpg

Blind Squirrel

No can do for this one. I am going to be in Wytheville, VA at a different rally. The locations are too far apart for me to hit both of them this season.

Perfect John - we'll have Indy well represented! :Yes:

Scott - Sorry it won't work out, but at least you'll be in a great riding area!

Marty Hill

Looks like I'll be riding on the other side of the pond during these dates. You kids have fun. :grin:

Keith - it's our good pleasure. Glad you both can join us again this Fall.

Marty - I can't believe you'd let a little thing like a small pond keep you from joining us!

greiffster
IN...Reservations made Wed-Sun for Keith & Jennie. Thanks Dave and Ken for a great START!

Can't wait to hear about what else is busted on the KTM. :P

IN...Reservations made Wed-Sun for Keith & Jennie. Thanks Dave and Ken for a great START!

Can't wait to hear about what else is busted on the KTM. :P

I've got plenty of miles ahead to come up with many answers to that question. :dopeslap:

In for Wed thru Sun.

Dave...

Dave - Happy you will join us. Please fill out something on your profile or introduce yourself under the Board Forum "Motorcycle talk" that includes new member posts. What bike do you ride, where are you from, how did you find the BMWST site?

Edited by Endobobdds