IGNORED

O-Ring for the throttle body "BBS"

PAS

I don't see the O-ring listed separately for the Big Brass Screw. Does anyone know the size? What do you use? I haven't unscrewed them yet to clean them. I guess I can lightly grease them and re-use if I have to.

I-ABS bled, valves adjusted and now want to synch the throttle bodies.

Edited by PAS
dirtrider
I don't see the O-ring listed separately for the Big Brass Screw. Does anyone know the size? What do you use? I haven't unscrewed them yet to clean them. I guess I can lightly grease them and re-use if I have to.

I-ABS bled, valves adjusted and now want to synch the throttle bodies.

Afternoon PAS

I used to regularly replace those "O" rings (they are not serviced by BMW part number).

I would just match the removed one up to a matching size in my "O" kit so unfortunately I don't have a size for you.

You can just remove one of the "O" rings then head off to you local auto parts store & match 2 new ones up.

Hey PAS,

I've asked this question before and never got a specific answer on the size. When I last did a tune-up, I finally measured the gland in the BBS and the bore in the throttle body. From that I determined the o-ring should be 7.5mm ID x 1.5mm dia cross-section. I ordered a bag of 50 from McMaster-Carr. They are Viton, but Nitrile (Buna-N) will work as well, possibly better since it has less compression set. Since then, I've found confirmation of that size on another forum. I'll obviously never use 50. PM if you want me to send a few.

Thanks for the offer! I will check the parts selection today at NAPA. McMaster is only about 30 miles from here so I may just grab a bag and pass them out to others. I want to get the bike wrapped up and put it on the market.

Is this what you have?

McMaster o-rings

Michaelr11
Thanks for the offer! I will check the parts selection today at NAPA. McMaster is only about 30 miles from here so I may just grab a bag and pass them out to others.

Is this what you have?

McMaster o-rings

I am confused by McMaster-Carr. I suppose I should have just asked PAS to send me a few in the mail. I ordered a bag (25) of these BBS O-rings from M-C on Saturday. Got a confirmation from them and all it says is tax and shipping will be added to the order. Is McMaster-Carr a fair and reputable shipper or am I going to get hit with shipping that's more than the product cost for an item that probably weighs less than an ounce?

dirtrider

I am confused by McMaster-Carr. I suppose I should have just asked PAS to send me a few in the mail. I ordered a bag (25) of these BBS O-rings from M-C on Saturday. Got a confirmation from them and all it says is tax and shipping will be added to the order. Is McMaster-Carr a fair and reputable shipper or am I going to get hit with shipping that's more than the product cost for an item that probably weighs less than an ounce?

Morning Michaelr11

McMaster is a very reputable company & usually carry top tier products. The company that I work for orders lot of specialty items from McMaster & so far all have been top notch performers.

I like their products but unless buying massive amounts, or through a large order discount, then I find their shipping pretty high for small items or limited amounts.

Shouldn't be too bad. I ordered the wire to re-do my HES from them and shipping was $7 for UPS Ground.

Scott

I've been ordering items from McMaster Carr for several years now. I find their shipping to be reasonable but as has been said before, shipping on small items may seem high. Their shipping is also fast, I have ordered early in the day and received it the next day. I live in Maryland and they ship some items from New Jersey. They have several shipping locations.

Michaelr11

Thanks for the responses! I spoke with them this morning and they said it was already packaged and being shipped. $7 for UPS ground. A little high for a $6 bag of O-Rings but what the heck.