IGNORED

Which Ram mount for Camhead???

Bigboyzbeemertoyz

Afternoon Bigboyzbeemertoyz

What ya mounting & where on the bike do you want to mount it?

And do you ever use a tank bag?

Bigboyzbeemertoyz

I was thinking mounting on top of clutch or brake reservoir. Haven't actually picked up the bike, so not exactly sure. Is there unused mirror mounting holes on this model?? If there is, maybe use those...

Bigboyzbeemertoyz

041100S- I already the other pieces needed for a RAM, so only would have to purchase the base.. Techmounts look nice- but a little pricey..

I was thinking mounting on top of clutch or brake reservoir. Haven't actually picked up the bike, so not exactly sure. Is there unused mirror mounting holes on this model?? If there is, maybe use those...

Afternoon Bigboyzbeemertoyz

What are you planning on mounting? (what type of device)

You can't put much of anything on the clutch lever reservoir as it is plastic & softly fastened.

You might be able to add a GS type mirror mount then use that (but you might want to add stalk type mirrors as some riders can't see $hit out of stock RT mirrors except their elbows).

My personal favorite is a 1" RAM ball on an "L" lever on one of the handlebar attachment bolts (that keeps the device low & in line of sight but needs special attention to get positioned just right if you plan on using a high tank bag)

The plus part of using a center low mounted RAM ball is it allows the rider to just set their helmet over the device for out-of-sight-out-of-mind security (nice for a quick store in & out or at a gas station)

I was thinking mounting on top of clutch or brake reservoir.

Hello. I've mounted the Ram 1" ball mount on the brake reservoir on a '13 RT, and usually use a small iPad there (mainly for Google Maps). There is some vibration in the handlebars, but the heavy handlebar ends (that DirtRider recommended in the past) seemed to help that a lot.

Here's a picture of the setup. You'll probably have to zoom in to see the details.

rthandlebar.jpg

I just used a longer reservoir bolt and installed THIS RAM MOUNT .

Sorry I don't have better pictures to show you, but the bike is stored in Albuquerque and I'm in Alaska.

• 2 weeks later...