IGNORED

Rear fender (license plate mount) rattle

ssn717

Hello, The rear fender (2004 R1150RT) seems to have some excessive wiggle room which causes rattling when going over bumpy surfaces. More of a nuisance than anything. I looked around and there doesn't seem to be anything you can tighten, or am I just not seeing it. Did anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks

the rear fender which hangs below the seat lock is secured with three screws. One is from underneath below the lock. The other two are from above, under the rear seat along the luggage rack support and subframe tubing. See # 3, 4 & 5

B0001157.png?v=12082016

Edited by rxcrider
Hello, The rear fender (2004 R1150RT) seems to have some excessive wiggle room which causes rattling when going over bumpy surfaces. More of a nuisance than anything. I looked around and there doesn't seem to be anything you can tighten, or am I just not seeing it. Did anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it?

Afternoon ssn717

If the retaining bolts are loose then just tighten them. If it's tight but still rattles then the sealing expanded rubber strip might be missing or degraded.

Also, make sure that the plate & bracket is not causing the rattles.

1150%20Rear%20fender%20flap_zpswywoorga.jpg

Thanks rxcrider and dirtrider for the info. Guessing it is those bolts from the top. I can move the whole plastic fender when I shake it.

Thanks rxcrider and dirtrider for the info. Guessing it is those bolts from the top. I can move the whole plastic fender when I shake it.

Afternoon ssn717

Well, either the bolts (screws) are loose or the plastic snap-in inserts are loose in the plastic.