IGNORED

Abs problem

KHightower

Changed alt. Belt on 2000 1100rt. First ride the abs lights flash and continue to flash. Abs does not work on rear brakes, have not tried it on the front. Battery is fine.

I have had the fluid changed every other year since I got the bike, (4 years and 45,000 miles). 60,000 miles at Present. Last brake service was November 2016, approx 3000 miles ago.

Is there any chance that I did something while changing the belt that could cause this?

Is it possible that I can get regular brake service done and that fix this?

Changed alt. Belt on 2000 1100rt. First ride the abs lights flash and continue to flash. Abs does not work on rear brakes, have not tried it on the front. Battery is fine.

I have had the fluid changed every other year since I got the bike, (4 years and 45,000 miles). 60,000 miles at Present. Last brake service was November 2016, approx 3000 miles ago.

Is there any chance that I did something while changing the belt that could cause this?

Is it possible that I can get regular brake service done and that fix this?

Morning KHightower

Anything is possible so you could have done something changing the belt or possibly just coincidence.

We need more info to offer much help-

When are the lights flashing how????

At ign key-on, the two ABS lights should flash together and should continue to do so until the ABS self-test is complete (doesn't happen until you ride the bike & it is moving), at which time they should both go out. If the self-test fails, they will begin to flash alternately.

The exact moment when they start to flash alternately can help us determine the problem.

If_ it faults before you start the engine it is usually an ABS system that is tested at first power-up.

If_ it faults when you start the engine it is usually a low battery voltage problem.

If_ it faults when you ride away it could be the ABS controller or possibly a wheel speed sensor.

You can also try a an ABS reset.

To do that___

Find the diagnostic connector (located under the seat).

Insert one end of a wire into the middle socket of this connector.

Ground the other end of that wire to a (clean) metal part of frame or good ground area (just make darn sure it stays grounded).

Turn on ignition-- You should now see the warning lights flash alternately.

then, hold ABS button down for about 8 seconds. The bottom ABS light should stay on, and the top one should be off.

Now, release the ABS button. If you have successfully reset the ABS, both ABS lights will come on. If you have failed to hld button for 8 seconds , or your ground is not good, the top ABS light will stay off.